Merkle is a leading data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. The company’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive hyper-personalized marketing strategies. With 12,000+ employees worldwide and 1,200 in the DACH region, Merkle drives improved marketing results and competitive advantage for the Top 500 companies throughout the region as well as Eastern Europe. Our digital enthusiasts combine their expertise in Digital Transformation Strategy, MarTech Platforms, Creation, User Experience (UX), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Data, Commerce, Mobile and Content Management System (CMS). Together we inspire transformation. We dream, we do, we deliver. The company has offices in Switzerland, Germany and Austria as well as locations in the Czech Republic, Serbia and Portugal. In 2016, Merkle joined dentsu, forming the largest brand within the group.
In order to strengthen our leadership in DACH, we are looking to reinforce our Cloud Solutions team with an all-rounder DevOps Specialist. The candidate should be passionate toward cutting edge technologies and how to constantly improve software deliveries, with proven track record in Cloud Computing.
We are looking for someone able to:
- Deploy, manage, and operate modern, scalable, highly available, secured and fault-tolerant systems
- Automating and orchestrating workloads across public cloud providers.
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure in an automated consistent way.
- Work with customers and other teams to troubleshoot customer environments to resolve issues, improve quality and increase user satisfaction.
- Provide guidance and recommendations to increase efficiency and reduce customer incidents.
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Ensuring that systems are safe, secured against cybersecurity threats.
- Develop tooling and processes to drive and improve teams and customer experience.
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Participate to release management, from development/test environments into production
- Design, implement and maintain effective build and deployment pipelines, facilitating continuous integration through deployment, config management and system monitoring.
- Provide incident response, troubleshooting and root cause analysis for IT operation issues as well as assistance in resolution.
- Proactive monitoring of the environments to detect potential failures or compromises, ensuring full availability as required, as well as possible options for improvements.
- Support internal and external customers on multiple platforms.
- Document products, processes, and tools with a high quality.
- Continuous improvement following company’s internal education program
- Communicate well and good in client relationship, effective at understanding our product portfolio and how to promote our offer.
- Knowledge of at least one cloud offering: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Professional experience and a high-level understanding of Linux or Windows systems fundamentals and their implications.
- Understanding of Networking, Security, Web servers, Web services.
- Proficiency with at least one scripting language.
- Professional automation experience with at least one configuration/deployment management tool.
- Good expertise on container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience working at least with one of the following languages: Python, Node.js, PHP, Ruby, Java, PowerShell.
- Proficient with git and git workflows.
- Proficient in leveraging CI/CD tools to automate builds, testing and deployments.
- Experience working in an Agile fast-paced, DevOps environment.
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills and knowledge of analytical tools.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- A curious nature, thinking outside the box.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service, be a good listener, work well with others and trusted by colleagues.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, and takes initiative.
- Strong sense of ownership, self-drive, and innovation
- Fluent in English (French or German as a plus), Excellent verbal, written communication, and negotiations skills.
- Start date: Asap
Key skills: AWS, Azure, GCP, Terraform, Config Management (Ansible, SaltStack), Coding (Python, PowerShell, Bash), Docker, Kubernetes, Atlassian, Jenkins, Git, Gitlab
Permanent contract based in Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Portugal, Czech Republic, Serbia possible
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.