We are dentsu. We team together to help brands predict and plan for disruptive future opportunities and create new paths to growth in the sustainable economy. We know people better than anyone else and we use those insights to connect brand, content, commerce and experience, underpinned by modern creativity. We are the network designed for what’s next. We operate in over 145 markets worldwide with more than 46,000 dedicated specialists, and partners with 95 of the top 100 global advertisers.
Our global agencies and people are the elite in their field, part of a team designed to mobilise according to your unique needs, for truly integrated solutions: Carat, Dentsu Creative, dentsu X, iProspect and Merkle.
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
Merkle is a leading data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. The company’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive hyper-personalized marketing strategies.
And we are looking for a Automation Tester to reinforce our QA team!
What is your role?
- Design, develop and execute automated tests
- Work with common test automation frameworks and tools
- Integrate with CI/CD tools and pipeline (i.e. Jenkins)
- Identify potential quality risks.
- Analyze results and report defects
- Work within an Agile development environment
- Collaborate with colleagues onshore and offshore on a day-to-day basis
What should you have?
- 3+ years of commercial experience in testing Web and Client/Server applications
- Exposure to automated testing; professional experience with Selenium will be a huge advantage
- Deep understanding of the best practices in creating system test scripts, test execution and defect reporting/tracking
- Experience in testing web applications across different platforms and browsers
- Strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills
- Critical thinking and ability to collaborate with a team on urgent issues resolution
- Understanding of the following Web technologies: HTTP(S), S/FTP, Web Services (SOAP, RESTful)
- Possess contagious passion about quality
- Very good verbal and written English
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Understanding of performance testing principles and best practices
- Experience of web usability, i18n and accessibility testing and the corresponding tools
- Understanding of the principles of agile software development
- Knowledge in some key Internet and e-commerce principles such as: SEO, Web Analytics, Geotargeting, CDN, etc
We do not sponsor work visa.
For those who don’t have Portuguese documents (NIF and NISS), we suggest you to search for more information at local country Social Security entities, as well as on SEF (Serviços Estrangeiros e Fronteiras), for possible roles in Merkle Portugal.
Benefits and perks:
- Cutting Edge Technology & Latest IT tools
- Software-house environment
- Agile and Flexible working hours
- Hybrid work system (remote friendly)
- Digital nomad policy
- Focus on career development
- Health insurance (also included for the household)
- Mental health support
- Volunteering experiences and sustainable mindset
- 25 vacation days + 3 wellness days per year
- Beers (after 6pm), foosball, and ping-pong! #workhardplayhard
- Free breakfast every second Monday of the month
- Employee discounts
- Team & Company events 🎉
Inclusion & Diversity
We value the strength diversity brings to our business and are working hard to build a more inclusive workplace through partnerships with Stonewall, Business Disability Forum and Business in the Community’s race and gender equality campaigns. We are happy to discuss all flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles – we can’t promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.