eRetail Media Manager
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
Open to remote applicants in EST, CST, and MST!
The eRetail Media Manager is accountable for successfully managing Amazon campaigns for a few Merkle clients. This role requires experience managing complex and sophisticated Amazon campaigns. The primary responsibilities in this role are to be the go-to Amazon expert, successfully leading the day-to-day the Amazon campaigns; act as the central hub of collaboration and problem solving across various departments/resources including senior level colleagues at Merkle and senior level business leaders at the client, while delivering against aggressive client objectives.
Amazon Media Management
- Oversees and guides Amazon search and DSP program for enterprise-level client, managing multiple lines of business
- Main point of contact for client, third-party vendors, and internal departments for matters involving paid search in that unit. Daily in-person or email/phone communication with client and internal departments managing other digital services for client.
- Oversees work of analysts, under guidance of account leadership.
- Contributes to the development and execution of market strategies for Amazon campaigns, including developing strategic roadmaps, test plans, and risk/benefit analysis; as well as analyzing results and developing actionable insights.
- Responsible for translating objectives from client and account leadership and translating into strategy and tactics for Amazon campaign.
- Analysis, Thought Leadership & Communication
- Employs analytical reasoning, data analysis, and problem-solving skills to effectively and efficiently manage campaigns.
- Demonstrates thought leadership and professional communication skills by developing and delivering client facing materials, such as presentations, Point of Views, business cases, and performance reports. Proven success managing client relationships directly.
- Utilizes business acumen to work closely with client teams to identify and fully understand business needs, campaign performance objectives, and opportunities to grow the relationship.
Teamwork & Project Management
- Provides proactive management and coaching of Analysts supporting account; effectively communicating task execution and timeline requirements, strategic guidance, and constructive feedback to aid in their growth in their core functional areas or responsibilities. Responsible for performance evaluations and feedback.
- Actively monitors and shares industry news, online marketing trends, industry tools, and internal cross-team key learnings…often on the fly at the client’s request.
- Works comfortably in dynamic, time intensive environments where consistent fire drills and competing priorities are commonplace.
- Uses interpersonal skills to influence customers, suppliers and other comparable level managers.
- 3-4+ years of Amazon Media experience, preferably on the Agency side and relevant to e-Retail/CPG
- Experience in Amazon Sponsored Ads, Amazon DSP and Retail
- Strong professional presence and communication skills
- Support /oversee project/accounts
- Comprehensive data analysis and problem solving skills; able to draw conclusions and with guidance, you are able to devise strategic recommendations based on findings
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills: pivot tables, vlookups, and chart building. Working knowledge of Visual Basic macros is a plus.
- Additional Amazon software skills a plus (e.g. PacVue, Kenshoo, Teikametrics.)
- Uses acquired expertise and knowledge to solve business challenges and provide focus to subordinates
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply. Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.