Manager/Lead - Advertising Consultancy
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
Every year a larger share of advertising & marketing is being bought digitally, and companies are turning to advanced technologies to help them make the most of their budgets. However, implementing advertising technologies is complex, challenging, and ever-changing, which is why it takes specialist knowledge to ensure it’s done correctly.
As a Lead within the Advertising consultancy team, you will support our growing Google media technology licensing business to ensure we provide best-in-class services and support to our extensive client base. This will include supporting clients to deploy, understand and utilise the full capabilities of the Google Marketing Platform (GMP) media stack (SA360, DV360, CM360), as well as to mature their approach to advertising through broader technology & data consultancy.
Furthermore, due to the growing importance of digital data and analytics within organisations, you will play a crucial role in helping clients to transform not just their advertising and adtech, but their overall approach to business
Life In the Advertising Consultancy Team
- Lead discovery sessions with clients to deeply understand their businesses, and transform their complex needs into simple technology requirements
- Advise clients on how their advertising technologies should be setup and integrated with each other
- Lead the presentation of architecture proposals to clients and win buy-in for your recommendation from senior points of contacts
- Train the client, their teams and their agency partners on how you’ve architected and implemented their advertising technologies, and how they should adhere to the best practices you’ve defined moving forwards
- Become an expert on various Tag Management System (including Google Tag Manger) to implement media measurement technologies
- Build relationships with media, measurement, data and analytics companies including Google
- Work with technical vendor personnel to suggest and test product improvements
- Ensure retained clients have accurate and timely support
- Support more senior team members to manage large client relationships to ensure they are maturing and getting the very most from their technologies and data
- Support the development of new services and processes to ensure our clients receive the best support and we maintain our competitive advantage
- Support the growth of Merkle’s position within the industry through thought-leadership (blogs, whitepapers, presentations etc.)
- Support in the advancement of existing services lines and development of others
- 3+ years digital marketing, advertising and/or analytics experience
- Strong knowledge of one or more of the platforms within the Google Marketing platform stack (Display & Video 360, Campaign Manager, and/or Search Ads 360)
- Experience with working directly with clients and/or internal stakeholders, including leading meetings and presentations
You will also likely align with the following:
- Able to quickly absorb complex technical concepts and communicate them to both technical and non-technical clients alike
- Have a natural desire to learn everything possible about a given system, and will question not just what something is, but why it works in the way it does
- Takes a logical approach to work and loves to solve problems and troubleshoot
- Naturally adopts a considered and detail-oriented approach to projects; you will be the sort of people who thinks through all important aspects of something before making a clear and confident decision
- Is enthusiastic and confident and can interact well with people of all levels personally and professionally. You will enjoy interacting with colleagues and clients
- Has a passion for passing on knowledge and teaching other people
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.