Technical Analyst - Web Analytics
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
Our web analytics team is a rapidly expanding part our business and one of the most established and highly respected in the UK. We work with a broad range of clients from any sector you could imagine. On any given day, you could be working with a global ecommerce brand in the morning and a local services consultancy in the afternoon.
As part of Merkle EMEA we hold the most Adobe Solutions Specialisations of any other global organisation and are one of the largest Google Analytics 360 Sales Partners in the UK. We are looking to hire a Technical Analyst with experience implementing tracking and reporting solutions for either Google or Adobe analytics who will be able to quickly pick up (and potentially add to) our best practices and instantly help us to deliver high-quality work for our clients.
A typical day will rarely be the same but could be a mixture of coding, collaborating within project teams, analysing data, presenting to clients, developing and delivering training, coaching less experienced team members and learning about new technologies and methodologies. There will also be the opportunity to support website optimisation programmes and work with testing tools such as Optimizely, Google Optimize and Adobe Target.
Life as a Technical Analyst at Merkle
- Work with clients to define their measurement strategies and drive data maturity and activation
- Liaison with our client’s developers to implement on-site data layers that support our data collection activities
- Implementation of measurement strategies using tag management tools such as Google Tag Manager, Tealium and Adobe Launch
- Support of A/B testing build work using customer experience optimization tools such as Optimizely, Optimize and VWO
- Work with different APIs, raw data, reporting and visualisation platforms to build custom solutions
- Hands on analysis of our client’s data to surface actionable insight regarding their website and marketing performance
- Nurture client relationships and become a trusted extension of their business through ongoing communication
- Present project outcomes and proposing new work and technologies that will add value to their business
- Improve internal techniques, processes, documentation and quality assurance
- Lead and be responsible for the delivery of multiple projects at the same time
- Working autonomously and as a team, with time management a critical attribute
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.
What we are looking for in you
Primarily this role will involve using web analytics and tag management platforms, therefore we anticipate the successful candidate will have significant hands-on experience with such tools:
- Fundamentals of tracking and tagging for marketing and measurement
- Experience of implementing Adobe or Google Analytics and contributing to the discovery and design phases
- Experience with Google Tag Manager, Adobe Launch or Tealium
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, with the ability to influence a variety of stakeholders
- Experience of working within (and potentially leading) teams to deliver large projects
- Logical thinker with strong attention to detail
The following experience would be advantageous:
- Experience with website testing technologies such as Optimizely, Google Optimize or Adobe Target
- Knowledge of the wider Google Marketing Platform or Adobe Experience Cloud solutions
- Top level knowledge of other MarTech / AdTech platforms
- A passion for great User Experience (UX)
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.