Audience Analytics – CDP Engagement Sr. Director
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Location: Columbia, MD or New York, NY preferred…open to remote
This is a leadership level role in Merkle’s expanding Audience Science practice that supports the implementation and drives activation across channels from leading CDP solutions such as Adobe Experience Platform, ActionIQ, Lytics, mParticle, Salesforce CDP and Interaction Studio. The goal of our practice is to help clients rapidly deploy these platforms, maximize the usage, and demonstrate ROI from driving real-time personalization omnichannel orchestration.
- Lead client engagements independently by providing expertise around platforms, data strategy, audience analytics for cross-channel customer engagement, testing, and measurement
- Drive use case development to improve business KPI based on client goals, CDP functionality, data availability, and organizational readiness
- Drive the data strategy required for use case activation based on clear understanding of clients online and offline data
- Lead analysts to conduct audience analyses using data attributes and business knowledge and develop audiences based on testing and targeting strategy
- Drive activation and orchestration of audiences across partners such as site personalization, paid social, paid search, email, and mobile app platforms
- Partner with project managers to develop a detailed project plan and ensure timeliness, quality of deliverables to meet client expectations
- Partner with technical experts from Merkle or platform vendors to develop implementation roadmap
- Develop a CDP center of excellence by combining learnings across clients, drive innovation and enhance Merkle’s value proposition in the market
- Support sales team in pre-sale activities by providing deep understanding and expertise in relevant technologies
- Create Merkle POV and deliver thought leadership around audience platforms through webinars, industry events and blogs
- 9+ years’ experience in digital analytics preferably at a digital agency/consulting/martech or adtech organizations
- Experienced with execution of digital campaigns in one or many channels including search, display, email, site, mobile
- Experience with CDPs is preferred
- Experience with DMPs is preferred
- Experience with Adobe Marketing Cloud, including Analytics, Adobe Audience Manager, Target; Salesforce Marketing Cloud, including Audience Studio, Interaction Studio; Google Marketing Cloud, including Google Analytics, DV360 is preferred
- Technical understanding of identity, PII and non-PII data
- Knowledge of Public cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP, Snowflake)
- Self-Starter with ability to quickly ramp up on new technologies
- Education: Graduate or bachelor’s degree in related fields preferred: Statistics, Technology or Marketing
- Presentation Skills: Excellent presentation skills including creating client-facing PowerPoint
- Client Management: Ability to manage client expectations, delivery and provide thought leadership
- Team leadership: Ability to provide clear brief to onshore and offshore analysts
- Analytics Skills: Possess ability to summarize key findings/insights and make actionable recommendations
- Additional Skills: Strong data-driven mentality, strong problem solving, consulting skills and ability to take initiatives
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.