Lead Analyst, Customer Analytics
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
The Customer Analytics Lead Analyst will use in-depth knowledge in data analysis, modeling, and ML to draw audience behavior, marketing performance and measurement insights to optimize marketing and sales programs. Collaborates with internal and client partners to develop and deliver data and analytics solutions to meet the mission-critical needs. Serves as the go-to resource for client communications regarding delivery and management of data and analytics solutions.
Key Responsibilities :
Perform analytics tasks, including but not limited to:
- Forecasting using statistical methodology as well as client business rules
- Data Analysis and Mining
- External Data Enhancement
- Assists in determining quantitative methods for solving client issues
- Assist in presenting ideas and findings to future and existing clients
- Proactive and effective interaction with other internal groups throughout Merkle
- Evaluation and improvement of internal tools and processes
- Anticipate project risk and constraints and proactively work on solutions to address the risk/constraints
- Could blend into MI or Data Scientist responsibilities
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required
- Hands on expertise with Data and Analytics required (SQL, R, Python, Tableau and Modeling expertise required)
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Ability to explain/present forecast results to clients
- Ability to manage multiple workstreams and deliverables
- Ability to identify areas for statistical innovation or process improvement, do independent research, develop innovative approaches or processes/codes to 1) improve client business results, 2) improve efficiencies, 3) reduce potential errors
- Experiences with applying statistical techniques such as regression, ANOVA, cluster analysis, factor analysis, time series forecasting, experimental and design to solve business problems
- Possess core database marketing knowledge such as understanding of Merkle and client data, relational database concepts, and direct marketing concepts
- Possess client/team engagement competencies such as gather specifications, develop analytical roadmap and approach and manage expectations, and coordinate delivery with internal team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Economics or related quantitative field required; advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in quantitative marketing arena, in database marketing
- Marketing data and marketing platform expertise preferred, not required
- Contribute to innovation, process improvement, standardization
- Deliver high quality analytical solutions on-time
- Develop project plan; manage the day-to-day tasks; and meet project deadlines
- Work effectively across teams to ensure client satisfaction
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.