Digital Implementation Executive
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global customer experience management (CXM) company that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. Merkle is part of dentsu and for more than 30 years, has partnered with Fortune 1000 companies to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. Our heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for our unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive customer experience transformation.
Our combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC
The Digital Implementation Executive will be responsible for supporting large implementation projects focusing on integrating customer experience technologies with clients’ existing data collection ecosystems. Additionally, they will help to grow the internal capabilities of our team and to develop our Custom Experience Optimization proposition.
The role will cover a broad spectrum of responsibilities focused on solution architecture and delivery, to drive our clients’ data maturity and enable them to get the most out of their technology stack. It is expected that you will also contribute to Merkle’s thought-leadership and help to continuously develop our Custom Experience Optimization processes and people.
Customer Experience Platforms (CXP), such as Saleforce Interaction Studio, Thunderhead or Exponea help organizations to manage end-to-end customer experiences. They listen to how consumers are behaving across channels (e.g, web, app, email), combine this with data points from other systems, understand which devices belong to the same person, and then allow you to make use of this connected data in a central place – managing audiences, deciding how best to personally engage each individual down to a one-to-one level, and finally sending that decision to other technologies to ensure a consistent & relevant experience is delivered for the end-consumer, regardless of whether it’s activated in inbound channels like web & app personalization, media or customer services, or outbound channels like email, SMS or sales.
This is a very dynamic and exciting area with significant growth in the market, and we are hiring for dedicated roles to support our delivery in this space. Some of the technologies are relatively new, so we encourage candidates to apply if they feel they meet the core skill requirements, alongside the level of experience we require. If you have a logical problem-solving mind, strong communication skills, and strong technical skills in web coding languages, please read on.
This role gives you responsibility for delivering high-quality CXP projects and strategic direction across your own client portfolio, with potential to deliver internal and external training.
The role is diverse and requires the individual to efficiently prioritise and manage multiple work streams at once, effectively communicate with clients, direct reports and more senior colleagues, and have an ability to continuously self-educate in this dynamic space. It’s a fast-paced role that will never leave you sitting around twiddling your thumbs!
Life as a Digital Implementation Executive at Merkle
The Digital Implementation Executive will play a key role throughout the delivery of our CXP projects to deliver world-class, enterprise digital solutions that meet our client’s business objectives and customer needs:
- They will work with clients’ stakeholders to deliver high quality platform implementation and integration across online and offline channels.
- They will design and build use cases (campaigns / experiences) in order to measure and optimize end customer’s experience accorss multiple channels.
- They will support workshops to dive into each channel in detail, map out integrations needed to other systems.
- They will use their web and app skills to build personalization campaigns using a CXP
- They will author developer guides that surface user identities, events and user-level variables in web and app. They are also expected to work closely with clients’ dev team to ensure robust implementations on web and app.
- They will troubleshoot technical issues with with the platform integration for clients
- They also have the opportunity to work with solution architects of our CXP partners (Salesforce, Thunderhead and Exponea) to finalise the best solutions for our clients.
Additionally, the Digital Implementation Executive will support the internal growth and development of our CXP proposition:
- Stay current on industry insights and innovation to develop Merkle’s agile ways of working and drive efficiency whilst ensuring they reflect current best practices or advance them.
- Drive excellence through thought-leadership and creative problem-solving
- Support internal innovation sessions and other collaboration initiatives to share knowledge and drive engagement and continuous learning within the CXP delivery team.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- To be enrolled in official platform partner training courses and opportunity to obtain platform certifications
- Merkle CXP enablement scheme led by experienced CXP leaders in the industry
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.
What we are looking for in you
- Passionate about customer experience & digital transformation.
- Experienced in deploying one of the CXPs/CDPs solutions such as Salesforce platforms (including Evergage), Thunderhead, Exponea and Tealium Audience Stream. Alternatively, significant experience deploying tagging solutions (analytics or media) through tag management systems (GTM. Launch, Tealium iQ).
- Some knowledge of SQL and data wharehouse technologies also preferable.
- Able to work well under pressure, with a high degree of flexibility and fluidity.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders and tailor their communication to different audiences (based on seniority, technical knowledge etc.).
- Proven track record of supporting cross-platform digital projects with large groups of distributed stakeholders and project team members.
- Desire to be part of a rapidly growing capability within a world-class CXM agency (see below section).
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time. Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.