Technical Manager (AEM Architect)
Merkle is a global data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency and the largest independent agency in the US for CRM, digital, and search. For more than 28 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with brands like Dell, T-Mobile, Samsung, Geico, Regions, Kimberly-Clark, AARP, Lilly, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, Susan G. Komen, and many others to build and execute customer centric business strategies.
AEM Architect plays a critical role by providing leadership and expertise with their knowledge and experience in Adobe technologies including Experience Manager, Experience Cloud, information architecture and related CMS technologies. You’ll leverage your strong technical skills in developing seamless and scalable solutions for premier engagements.
Participate in pre-sales activities, including opportunity qualification (size, technology fit, delivery location, risk), work with SMEs in development of proposed architecture, scope and estimation of work.
• Understand client business and technical requirements and assist in proposal preparation, development and delivery.
• Lead AEM projects and engagements through the initial discovery and analysis of functional and non-functional requirements.
• Performs client relationship management through: ·Acting as an "Adobe CMS technology & process consultant" ·Participation in Advisory & Steering meetings ·Coaching through change management activities related to CMS system implementations ·Involvement with budgeting cycles
• Develop project technology strategy by understanding key client objectives, diagnosing and mapping client requirements.
• Be able to do hands-on development on complex modules.
• Articulating solution risks and barriers, recommending project approaches, preparing time and cost estimates, planning full project life cycle. Responsible for System design, application architecture, data design, defining content lifecycles, setup and deployment of production environments while addressing performance and security concerns.
• Serve as a technical expert across teams and clients.
• Suggest alternative technical solutions to meet client requirements more efficiently, and/or with greater reusability, and/or longer life.
• Define and manage technology delivery roadmap. Define, communicate and enforce coding standards.
• 10+ years of experience in designing and deployment of Java / J2EE solution development experience on JCR based WCM products
• 3+ year’s core experience in developing digital consumer experiences based Adobe – AEM or any other WCM/ECM product suite.
• 3+ years of experience with developing powerful features such as multi- site and multi- channel delivery, personalization/ targeting, content aggregation & syndication, multi- lingual support, automated workflow management, social media etc.
• Expertise in CMS Design, CRX, CQ WCM, DAM and Social Collaboration,
• Deep understanding of Java, Java EE, Servlets, JSP , Tag libraries, and JSTL skills, combined with a strong understanding of Enterprise Java frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate.
• Deep understanding of and hands- on development experience with relevant "Java CMS" frameworks including Apache Sling for content- centric application development, JCR and JSR- 170 / JSR- 283 for Content Management, JSR- 168 and JSR- 286 for Portal development, and Apache Felix for OSGi bundle development.
• Preferred: Proficient in Day CQ foundational concepts, including the CRX repository, the CQ platform, the use of core frameworks such as Apache Sling and Apache Felix, a solid understanding of all Day CQ building blocks including templates, components, dialogs, widgets, etc, and the CQ development and deployment process.
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
• Strong skills to effectively interface with client totally a must.
• Configuration planning, testing, change management knowledge and experiences
• Experience with design patterns is a must.
• Preferred exposure with Agile Development Methodology.
• Ability to play the Scrum Master in agile model is preferred.