Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Senior Analyst
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
As a SEM Senior Analyst, you will develop and execute strategic and tactical initiatives designed to achieve our clients' Paid Search program goals. You will maintain outstanding relations with our clients and work with them to drive success to their websites through efficient online advertising. You will create, manage, and optimize complex online search campaigns on behalf of your client through ongoing analysis.
- Perform keyword research, write ad copy, optimize and manipulate product feeds, develop search traffic estimates, segment keywords into campaign structures and align them based on business goals, and use creative marketing skills to contribute to the idea generation for new market tests
- General Business tasks will include, but not be limited to: research (industry, client, competitive, etc.); presentation creation; campaign analysis; client communication (written and verbal); time/task management; attending client meetings; project management; prioritization of activities to meet deadlines
- Perform frequent data manipulation and interpretation exercises with Excel and proprietary tools
- Manage execution of activities against deadlines across multiple work-streams
- Complete activities according to best practices, standard operations procedures, and team member guidance
- Monitor and share industry news, online marketing trends, industry tools, and internal cross-team learnings
- Collaborate and partner with internal teams, search engine partners, and client teams will be required
- Report to an SEM Manager
- 1+ years Search Engine Marketing (SEM) experience in Google Ads, Bing Ads and SA360
- SEM agency experience preferred
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong grasp of numbers and comfort with quantitative analysis and simple statistics
- Well-versed in the core MS Office suite programs and an intermediate to advanced user of Excel including the ability to use formulas, functions, and pivot tables
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone, write clear emails and memos, and enjoy explaining complicated concepts to others
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize responsibilities and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Be enthusiastic for the future of people-based and brand advertising on the web and building that future with us
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply. Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.