Digital Analytics Manager
Merkle is a global data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency. For over 30 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with world-class brands like Dell, T-Mobile, Samsung, GEICO, Regions, Kimberly-Clark, AARP, Lilly, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, Habitat for Humanity, and many others to build and execute customer-centric business strategies. With more than 9,000 smart, dedicated people in more than 50 offices around the world, we are still growing at a rate that outpaces the market, with 2018 net revenue of $846million. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Digital Analytics role provides analysis that informs and improves the effectiveness of the planning, execution and optimization of marketing strategy. You will tie the optimization metrics to the strategic intent of campaigns and the underlying business objectives.
The Analytics team works closely with the Marketing, Digital Platform, Data Management and Solution teams across DAN and Merkle’s offices in the US and/or in APAC. Together, these teams work collaboratively to plan, execute, measure, and optimize advertising initiatives for our clients. We’re looking for an analytical and digital-savvy problem solver to help launch, troubleshoot, and measure client campaigns across multiple industry leading ad platforms, all while improving existing processes through initiatives of automation, documentation, and scale. The ideal candidate is curious and tenacious in solving problems, as well as an expert communicator – comfortable translating complex details to audiences of different technical knowledge.
• Support campaign strategy and planning with audience insights analysis, sizing and research using both traditional research tools and digital related data tools across multiple devices and media channels
• Leverage solutions and tools to provide recommendations on driving client’s campaigns and objectives
• Develop proficiency in programming (R, SAS, SQL, Python) to operate independently on assigned tasks
• Manage campaign timelines and deliverables across internal and external teams
• Partner with Merkle and other DAN agencies’ teams to help drive services and delivery at scale
• Document best practices and seek out opportunities to improve existing processes
What This Position Requires
• 5+ years’ working experience in quantitative analysis related to digital marketing
• Working experience with Python or R, as well as web analytics and media analytics is required
• Ability to navigate search and media platforms (DoubleClick, AdWords, AOP, etc.)
• Knowledge of Programmatic Advertising leveraging data from Ad server, DSP, DMP
• Understand the media ads tracking principle as well as the cross platform data integration technology
• Good communication skills. Strong English speaking and writing skills
• Mathematics/statistics skills and natural affinity for numbers
• Bachelor’s degree or above in Mathematics, Statistics, Marketing, Economics, or Engineering required
• Strong work ethic and drive to learn as much as possible within the digital marketing space
What makes you stand out?
• Working experience in related (quantitative) capability
• Familiarity with digital marketing channel (Paid Search, Organic Search, Paid Social, Earned Social, Display, Email)
• Sharp problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• An entrepreneurial spirit, desire to "change the game", self-starter attributes
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.