Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. When combined with its strength in performance creative and media, Merkle creates customer experiences that drive improved marketing results and shareholder value. With more than 9,000 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland with more than 50 offices around the world. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The SEO Analyst is responsible for program development for a set of Merkle China SEO clients, including campaign development, search engine optimization, and performance analysis. Using exceptional hands-on technical knowledge along with superb client-facing skills, the SEO Analyst works on multiple projects at the same time under strict timelines and budgets. An ideal candidate must have prior account management and SEO experience or web development experience.
• Assist to build and grow the Merkle China SEO team together with the leadership of the Service-line of Merkle's Planning & Media.
• Works directly with clients in planning and implementing SEO strategies while adding real value to clients. Explore the opportunities of upselling of other Merkle China’s offerings.
• Communicates regularly with clients on status, timeline, deliverables, performance reporting, competitive intelligence analysis, and other follow-up items.
• Manage the client’s expectation of the deliverables through client educations.
• Provides regular reporting and updates on performance to clients.
• Manages and executes online marketing strategies including but not limited to: interactive search engine marketing, search engine optimization, social media, and content development.
Revised June 2017
• Extracts insight from campaign data identifies relevant trends and provides well-developed proactive recommendations to enhance and exceed overall client search marketing goals and objectives.
• Manages client brand messaging and goals, and the development of content for search engine marketing purposes, including but not limited to, keyword generation, blog, and social media copy creation and website copywriting.
• Works closely with key team members including, but not limited to, Management and Specialists, as well as team members in other functions, to ensure the success of client campaigns.
• Manages vendors and relationships.
Key Skills and Experience
• Spirit of entrepreneur-ism and growth-hacking mindset
• Native Chinese with excellent English language skill
• Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in SEO or website development
• Knowledge of MS Excel, Word & PowerPoint
• Proficiency and clear understanding of website performance metrics, their significance to SEO, and how to track meaningful data using the main tools and programs Merkle uses including:
✓ Baidu Ziyuan, Google Webmaster Tools and Bing Webmaster Tools
✓ Google Tag Manager
✓ Screaming Frog
✓ Any of Google Analytics, Omniture and Coremetrics
✓ Keyword Research Tools: Baidu Keyword Planner, Google Keyword Planner, Insights and client’s PPC data
✓ Understanding of paid search engine marketing a plus
✓ Website user experience and conversion optimization are a plus
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.