Talend with Cloud DB - Dev/Lead
Merkle is a global data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency and the largest independent agency in the US for CRM, digital, and search. For more than 28 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with brands like Dell, T-Mobile, Samsung, Geico, Regions, Kimberly-Clark, AARP, Lilly, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, Susan G. Komen, and many others to build and execute customer centric business strategies.
Data Integration Developers/Tech Leads contribute towards the data integration design and development of multi-terabyte marketing solutions that integrate and optimize our client's data across numerous sources. Merkle's solutions enable our clients to better communicate to their customer and prospects across a number of marketing channels and media. Data Integration Designers will be immersed in the development and maintenance of marketing database solutions to meet client business objectives. You will have an opportunity to work with a cross-disciplinary team across various divisions of the MS group.
- Overall data integration architecture and design of the project and ensures that they align with Merkle MS Standards and Data Integration Model Assets in the Phase-End QA Checkpoints
- Leverage the Merkle Subject Area Load and Common Component Data Integration Jobs
- Assist in the development of the data integration work stream WBS in the planning phase of a project
- Collect and leverage any additional reusable components during a deployment
- Determine data integration server capacity impact due to project requirements
- Approve many of the data integration project deliverables in order to ensure compliance with Architectural Standards in subsequent phase QA checkpoints
- Deliver high quality code and design documents with minimal supervision
- Be versatile and willing to take on new challenges across different projects and technologies
- Have a high sense of urgency to deliver work on time
- Design solutions to meet client needs
- Support others through leadership / management / mentoring
The position interacts regularly with a wide range of internal Merkle teams (including Quality Assurance, Campaign Management, Business Intelligence, Information Technology, Developers, Project Managers) to support the development and/or ongoing maintenance of the solution.
- Member of the Development Community
- Member of designated Capability
- Member of account/project team(s)
- Exceptional understanding of ETL concepts, processes, and tools - Informatica (preferred), SSIS, or DataStage
- Experience with Cloud Db technologies is Must.
- Significant understanding of relational and dimensional database concepts
- Strong understanding of SQL and database programming
- Strong understanding of file management concepts, processes, and tools - sFTP, PGP Encryption, Sterling
- Strong understanding of scheduling/automation concepts, processes, and tools - Tidal
- Strong understanding of common IT offerings - e.g. Operating systems, storage, backups
- Strong understanding of database platforms - SQL Server, Netezza, Oracle
- Understanding of cloud technologies and/or big data platforms - Hadoop
- Strong knowledge of software engineering and development methodologies, techniques, and tools, including SVN, Issue Tracking (Jira), and Software Development Lifecycle (waterfall, agile)
- Ability to serve as technical point of contact for the solution both internally to Merkle and in interactions directly with the client
- Ability to hand off work to other development resources - both US and off shore
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
- Ability to present, both verbal and written, to team members, capability members, portfolio members, and clients at the appropriate technological level
- Working knowledge of at least one BI tool, such as Cognos, Business Objects or Microstrategy. Experience with a campaign tool, such as Alterian, preferred
- 3 to 10 years experience with ETL tool(s) - Informatica (preferred), SSIS, DataStage
- 2-5+ years experience with Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle or other major RDBMS
- Experience in database marketing preferred.
-- Experience with Cloud Db technologies is Must.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Computer Science or related IT field, or relevant professional experience
- Possess the Merkle attributes of being smart, curious, committed to vision, passionate, fun/pleasant, an achiever, and having a sense of urgency
- Ability to be a team player
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.