CXM Solution Lead - Transformation & Managed Services, VP
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
The purpose of this role is to accelerate outcomes for clients by orchestrating integrated CXM (‘Merkle 5.0’) Solutions for them that draw on services from across Merkle’s Analytics, Data & Mar Tech, Experience & Commerce, B2B and Customer Strategy practices. The individual will achieve this by making it easier for clients to buy these services as packaged solutions and ensure Merkle is successful executing on the vision established for the solution and partnership.
As a CXM Solution Lead, the individual will be responsible for defining, pitching and orchestrating integrated CXM and annuity solutions for a large portfolio of clients, working closely with Sales and Client Services to win work for our CXM UK practices. The role will be pivotal in onboarding new clients and additional services to existing clients. Once clients have been onboarded, the role will support the experts, designers and developers within our CXM UK Practices to ensure successful outcomes are delivered.
To be successful, it will be necessary for this role to build very close partnerships with teams across CXM UK and work side by side with colleagues across Dentsu Creative and Media lines of business as well as Merkle CXM teams across EMEA and global.
Working with sales and client service teams, the individual will lead solutioning on a large target portfolio of opportunities and will be responsible for:
- Supporting opportunity creation e.g.: participating in credentials and chemistry sessions, c-suite engagement, deal qualification and initial revenue forecasting
- Supporting creation of an engagement strategy for qualified opportunities e.g.: contribution to a pursuit plan and development of solution requirements and roadmap
- Simplifying and packaging our services to make us easier to buy: Requirements analysis, solution architecture, proposal development, cost optimisation and rightshoring
- Bring our offer to life for each stakeholder: story story telling including value/impact, demo orchestration, having a strong voice on the right profile cast to pitch and follow-up sessions
- Removing solution barriers to closing the deal: cost optimisation, commercial innovation, stakeholder engagement
- Aligning stakeholders to final scope of work and mobilising teams: draft SoW, service orchestration, programme set-up
Client Outcome Success
The individual will be engaged on portfolio of clients as CXM Solution Lead responsible for:
- Successful client onboarding by planning and leading discovery and solution definition workstreams and defining service architecture and orchestrating the onboarding of teams
- Establishing a solution/service roadmap, backlog and rollout plan with measurable KPI
- Supporting and coaching product owners in the roles to prioritise and lead delivery
- Support and coach Merkle teams in the delivery of new solutions and service models, working closely with CXM Service Deployment Lead to continually improve ways of working
- Join client/programme steerco and support senior client stakeholder engagement
- Track KPI and outcomes, help teams course correct and ensure success is surfaced and marketable
- Develop a roadmap for future Merkle and Dentsu services and support KAP
Key Success Metrics
Success will be measured through a range of strategic, financial, client, employee and cultural outcomes. Primary metrics will cover such key outcomes as:
- Supported opportunity value and conversion
- Successful client onboarding and outcomes delivered in first twelve months
- Marketable success stories
- Development of sales-plays and propositions working in partnership with practices and capabilities
- X-sell between services and expansion of opportunities
- Measuring and optimising cost of sale
We are looking for high energy, commercial practitioners that will be passionate about creating and delivering CXM/Merkle 5.0 solutions for our clients. They will be able to demonstrate they are:
- Expert in several of our core capabilities, with confidence to cover all CXM capabilities at high-level and articulate the value and workings of full-service CXM solutions.
- Highly commercial and motivated by achieving commercial outcomes for Merkle and our clients
- Ability to evaluate and take acceptable risks to drive innovation
- Confident, resilient and tenacious, copes well with pressure, pace and ambiguity
- Highly collaborative with strong networking and relationship skills and the ability to win people’s trust and confidence
- Inspiring and visible leader, able to attract, motivate and develop first class talent. Inspires and leads transformation. A change agent
- Confident and prepared to both challenge and be challenged
- Straightforward, low ego and thrives in a “sleeves rolled up” and entrepreneurial environment
- Can do attitude and ability to work effectively in a matrix organisation structure with significant emphasis on collaboration, influence and persuasion, rather than relying on authority.
- Strong communicator, able to explain complex issues in a straightforward manner. Credible and inclusive influencer
- Demonstrates C-suite maturity, with a Board Level presence and a strong ability to collaborate with multiple levels of the business and functional leaders to streamline processes and work towards resolution of challenges, constraints, and roadblocks and leading innovation across operations
What we’ll give to you:
You’ll have a competitive salary, private health & dental insurance, corporate discounts, and career development through Dentsu University, free access to LinkedIn Learning and degree-level training programs through Multiverse
29+ days of annual leave (25 days of regular holidays, Birthday off and 3 additional wellness days) We also offer the opportunity to volunteer for up to 2 days per year and tend to close down the agency between Christmas and new years
You’ll have a hybrid working schedule, with flexible start/end hours, and choosing yourself whether to work from home or our modern offices in central locations.
We’re a friendly bunch! We host regular team socials and company-wide workshops
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.
Marketing Executive - Alliances
- 10 Triton St, London NW1 3BF, UK
Merkle is a leading data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organisations have partnered with Merkle to maximise the value of their customer portfolios. The company’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive hyper-personalised marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 13,000+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. Merkle is a dentsu company. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
Merkle, a dentsu Company is recruiting for an alliances marketing executive.
This exciting and important role will work closely with the Director, Marketing Alliances – EMEA, to execute on alliances partner marketing activation and events.
In conjunction with collaborating with our UK/I, Northern European and DACH teams, you will be passionate about working across multiple technology partners and multiple digital marketing channels.
Responsible for driving marketing execution and coordinating alliance activities for partners including Salesforce, AWS, Google, and Adobe to name a few with a focus on events, webinars, newsletters, and branding to drive awareness with our partners to key audiences.
Being well organised you will be adept to managing multiple programmes across the region reporting weekly and monthly on MQL’s.
Day to day execution
- Working with the Director, Alliance Marketing EMEA and the Alliances Growth team execute on plans that support our marketing to and with partners, vertical industries, and key stakeholders
- Execute lead generation with support from across the UK marketing teams, across brand and commercial activity to support both Merkle and partner growth
- Liaise with dentsu UK and sharing content to drive cross sell and awareness
- Liaise with Merkle EMEA and global teams to localise regional and global content
- Leverage our CX Imperatives across the EMEA region to support growth
- Create reports for weekly and monthly meetings with growth and marketing to build consistent governance of activity reports and share progress
- Assist in development of decks in collaboration with the growth team, and ensure expectations and deadlines are met
- This role ensures that commercial and brand marketing is joined up across the full customer journey to drive brand recognition and demand generation.
What we are looking for in you:
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate composure under pressure
- Co-ordinate programme and event management, deciphering complex messaging with the ability to execute a busy calendar of activity across events, communications and campaigns, coordinating delivery across departments and regions
- Be present at events to support Growth Sales Team
- Experience with platform partners, and digital marketing experience from a vendor/agency/client perspective preferred
- Excellent and demonstrable experience of Salesforce CRM working closely with the client sales teams ensuring all programmes are tracked through Salesforce
- Co-ordination of event locations
- Performance and data focused with a keen eye for creative
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skill and both written and verbal communication skills with a clear understanding of the end to end campaign process
- Must be a team player with demonstrable excellent interpersonal skills, highly organised and a passion for success
- Degree in Marketing or digital marketing certification
- Strong experience in the technology industry and/or alliances
- Proven working knowledge of Salesforce CRM
- Experience in working in a cross functional and fast paced, collaborative environment with key stake holders.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Dentsu University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, Life Insurance, Critical Illness Cover and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including multiple Wellbeing Days per year and volunteer days
- Occasional travel across the UK as required to support events
Dentsu is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on sex, gender identity, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disabilities or any other protected basis because we believe the best and brightest come from all walks of life. We aspire to foster a community in which diversity is valued in both our employees and our ideas.
Our Culture: Merkle’s energy and personality lives through everything we say and do. Learn all about what defines our people and our vibe.
Students & Recent Graduates: Start your career at Merkle and get on the path to success.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.