Advanced Analytics Development Director
Merkle is a leading data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices.
Picture yourself leading the award-winning Advanced Analytics capability within the Data and Martech Practice. You are tasked with creating world-beating services that underpin what Merkle does:
‘Building, orchestrating and delivering intelligent customer journeys through excellence in data, decisioning and marketing technology’
With a thirty-year heritage as a leading data and analytics consultancy, in 2016, Merkle became part of Dentsu, one of the world’s top five media agency networks with 60,000+ employees across 146 countries.
Merkle are at the forefront of our sector and pride ourselves on striving for the highest standards of client solutions……and we love winning awards! A few highlights from 2023:
We won the Greater Good Award within the Anti-Violence Category - using Machine Learning to Prevent Human Trafficking
And were shortlisted for two Data IQ Awards 2022, one for the Best Use of Data for Not-For-Profit and new talent (up and coming stars under the age of 30)
We won two DMA gold awards (Data & Marketing Association)
Five great things about the role
- You’ll be working with super amazing clients (you’ll know them!) in a rapidly growing area
- You’ll work closely with our leadership teams across CXM and EMEA, harnessing their key industry knowledge and product expertise to form strategic alliances
- Collaborate with a talented and diverse team of 20+ with a mix of senior managers, technical, analytical and early career folk
- We solve business challenges by making using of AI and machine learning techniques to generate insights from client data
- The team drives cutting-edge, commercial and marketing analytics which make a difference for customers across a wide range of industries like retail, FMCG, automotive and oil & gas
Why we need a superstar, what you’ll help shape
How do we make our propositions clearer, easier to understand and easy for other areas of CXM to sell?
What is our growth strategy from proposition to priority channels (existing clients, new logo, CXM clients)?
How do we collaborate and cross-sell products and services with other analytic offerings from Engineering to Data and Martech focused on all customer data?
The end-to-end journey – some of the other exciting bits
Product/service/solution innovation and design – how we stay ahead vs competitors with new offerings and ideas
Opportunities to win! Working with our fabulous commercial team to identify, lead and win new client opportunities. With our new home within Data and Martech, how do we go to market with a combined proposition?
Strategy for PR/marketing - spread the word, shout about what we do and empower your team! events blogs, awards, white papers, industry awareness internally and externally
Continually cultivating a community of sharing knowledge/skills across our teams within digital, tooling, technology, methodologies, Big Data, research, problem solving etc.)
You’ll work closely with the operations team, ensuring processes are in place to deliver across all areas of responsibility (statement of work, contracts, project governance)
What you’ll bring
- As a seasoned storyteller and communicator, you’ll breathe life and excitement into analytics discussions with internal and external stakeholders, able to align your structure and pace to your audiences’ level of analytics maturity.
- CXM is central to our identity. You will understand the power of analytics with 1st party data and how it can be used to create value for clients.
- Supporting Data Science & Predictive Analytics pitches alongside pursuit teams, helping to position our craft at the appropriate tone for the audience in the room
- Collaborating with the team to continuously improve, challenge what we do and build trust in all teams we work with – internally and externally
- You’ve built strong relationships with clients, prospective clients and internal stakeholders – encouraging a ‘beyond limit’ culture in what we can do for them
- Demonstrated success in delivery of complex technical and analytical projects into clients across a wide range of industries – birds eye view in how we grow, how our team fits into wider proposition we could offer and being curious!
- You have a very keen sense of what makes a solution to a client problem exciting and easy to consume. Particularly with a focus on key verticals such as FS, auto, commerce/retail.
- Working at the intersection of data science and CRM/CXM you’ll be used to figuring out how to deploy great insights into tools such as Salesforce, Pega, Braze
- You’ve been at the coalface of delivering data science and predictive analytics at a point in your career, thus have an intimate appreciation of the craft
What we’ll give to you:
You’ll have a competitive salary, private health & dental insurance, corporate discounts, and career development through Dentsu University, free access to LinkedIn Learning and degree-level training programs through Multiverse
29+ days of annual leave (25 days of regular holidays, Birthday off and 3 additional wellness days) We also offer the opportunity to volunteer for up to 2 days per year and tend to close down the agency between Christmas and new years
You’ll have a hybrid working schedule, with flexible start/end hours, and choosing yourself whether to work from home or our modern offices in central locations.
We’re a friendly bunch! We host regular team socials and company-wide workshops
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.
Our Culture: Merkle’s energy and personality lives through everything we say and do. Learn all about what defines our people and our vibe.
Students & Recent Graduates: Start your career at Merkle and get on the path to success.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.