Director of EMEA Sales Operations and Analysis
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
Our EMEA Sales Operations Department has a vacancy for a Sales Operations and Analysis Director to lead a critical function in our high growth EMEA business.
The role is responsible for coaching and leading a high-performance sales operations team as well as developing a new sales analysis function to enable more detailed pipeline and business analysis that help Merkle continue its growth trajectory.
This is a hands-on role reporting directly to the regional Chief Growth Officer with support from our global sales and operations management team.
You will be the ambassador for the Salesforce, Power BI and analysis platforms, promoting beneficial uses cases and helping to produce reports and analysis that will inform and educate our business leaders.
This role interacts with many internal stakeholders to ensure that their reporting requirements are gathered and met and that Salesforce users are trained, and best practice adhered to.
The suitable candidate will have had exposure to and leadership roles in the management of Salesforce, PowerBI and business analysis platforms.
Life as a Sales Operations and Analysis Director at Merkle:
You will be coach and lead the sales management team and be accountable for:
- Salesforce user training, 1st line support and constancy of platform usage and best practice across the region
- Supporting users developing standard reporting in Salesforce and setting standard metrics across the region
- Input into standard cross-EMEA business reporting in Power BI
- Creating and curating regular executive business reporting
The individual will also be responsible for:
- Overall data integrity of Salesforce platforms and PowerBI
- Setting the tactical and strategic plans for development of the sales analysis platforms in combination with global teams and providing UAT on any platform changes
- Supporting the development and governance of sales processes in line with business maturity
- Setting and governing the minimum standards for usage of the platform by users
Through the creation of a new sales analysis function there will be a requirement to:
- Set the plan for integration of new datasets into the platform (incl. alliance partners, new acquisitions, ad hoc marketing datasets or 3rd party data)
- Directing and leveraging analytical platforms and data to bring out the essential lessons learnt and powerful actionable insights that can be derived from our data and platforms
- Provide structure and prioritization of ad hoc analysis requests into the team and develop repeatable business insights
- Conduct whitespace and client analysis to support targeting and analysis for industry and partner GTM strategies
- Align with marketing operations teams to ensure consistent and accurate marketing and business development (BDR) performance reporting
- Develop business and sales forecasting analysis in conjunction with global teams
Expected Skills and expertise
- At least five years’ experience in managing Salesforce sales platforms with multi-market sales, leadership and client team user communities
- At least five years’ experience in sales forecasting and data-driven pipeline analysis; excellent supporting data architecture and analytical experience
- Proven ability to operationally define and manage sales processes and set and manage metrics using salesforce and other reporting/analysis tools
- Up to date and relevant salesforce trailhead training and accreditations
- Experience of defining and building sales and business performance dashboards and reports
- Able to support sales and business leaders in asking good analytical questions and supporting analysis teams in responding in simple and clear terms
- Manage own and team’s workloads to business priorities
- Experience in converting business goals into data, platform and analysis requirements in complex organizations
- Strong ability to create and manage relationships with senior Merkle leaders and teams
- Proven as a line manager with ability to coach and lead high performance teams
- Comfortable working in a matrix environment and able to influence internal teams to meet business goals
- Exceptional written communications and presentation skills
- Ability to lead through influence over authority
- Strong collaboration capabilities
What we’ll give to you:
You’ll have a competitive salary, private health & dental insurance, corporate discounts, and career development through Dentsu University, free access to LinkedIn Learning and degree-level training programs through Multiverse
29+ days of annual leave (25 days of regular holidays, Birthday off and 3 additional wellness days) We also offer the opportunity to volunteer for up to 2 days per year and tend to close down the agency between Christmas and new years
You’ll have a hybrid working schedule, with flexible start/end hours, and choosing yourself whether to work from home or our modern offices in central locations.
We’re a friendly bunch! We host regular team socials and company-wide workshops
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.
Our Culture: Merkle’s energy and personality lives through everything we say and do. Learn all about what defines our people and our vibe.
Students & Recent Graduates: Start your career at Merkle and get on the path to success.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.