Senior Project Manager
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
The purpose of this role is to drive and oversee the delivery of various transformation projects in the field of Business Applications.
These projects include ERP and RPM deployments, brand rationalization-related projects, BI transformation initiatives, and system integration & automation projects.
The successful candidate for this role will be able to display excellent verbal and written communication, proficient project management capabilities, and an aptitude for working with a team of experts to break down complicated technical objectives into simpler tasks.
• Project Leadership. Creates and leads the project team to deliver the agreed outputs/outcomes within scope, time, cost, and quality constraints.
• Project Team Management. Designs, develops, and manages the project team on a day-to-day basis, appropriate to the context and project stage. Clearly defines, agrees, and delegates team and key stakeholder roles and responsibilities.
• Project Business. Case and Benefits Management. Prepares gains approval of, refines, and updates business cases that justify projects in terms of benefits, costs, and risks; tracking and reporting forecasts and actuals against them.
• Project Budget and Cost Management. Develops and agrees on budgets for projects and control forecast and actual costs against them.
• Governance. Establishes and maintains effective governance and decision-making for the delivery of projects; defines clear roles, responsibilities, and accountabilities, that align with the programme and/or organisational practice and requirements.
• Project Plans and Controls. Designs, consolidates, and documents the fundamental components of projects (scope, schedule, approach, resource requirements, budgets, risks, opportunities and issues, and quality requirements).
• Scheduling and Dependency Management. Develops, produces, and maintains schedules for project activities that take account of dependencies, resource requirements, and constraints in order to enable the efficient realization of project outputs and associated benefits.
• Stakeholder and Communications Management. Identifies and manages pertinent project stakeholder relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree or work experience that demonstrates comparable abilities;
- +5 years project management experience establishing, maintaining, or auditing project deliverables;
- PMP and/or Agile certification;
- Adept at using project management and collaboration tools such as Microsoft Project, Jira, and or Confluence. Adobe Workfront knowledge is a plus.
- Advanced level of English.
- Strong ability to understand technical concepts and development process.
- Experience in managing stakeholders from different business areas.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate concepts to a technical and non-technical audience.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills as well as an attention to detail.
- Willingness to be available as project needs and timelines require.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and issues.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Attractive and competitive salary
- Spanish/English lessons
- Free life and health insurance
- Career development through Merkle University and LinkedIn Learning
- Day off on your birthday
- Annual wellness days
- Merkle Care Employee Assistance Program
- Merkle Benefits Club
- Reduced fee in Andjoy
- 2 volunteering days per annum
- Flexible salary remuneration scheme
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in Spain as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.
Our Culture: Merkle’s energy and personality lives through everything we say and do. Learn all about what defines our people and our vibe.
Students & Recent Graduates: Start your career at Merkle and get on the path to success.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.