Tech Lead, Frontend
Merkle Northern Europe is a leader in data-driven customer experience management (CXM), and we deliver unique, personalized customer experiences across channels and devices. We provide expertise in customer experience strategy and consulting, user experience design, CRM, data management, commerce, mobile, content management systems (CMS), adtech and martech platforms.
Merkle Northern Europe is the strong combination of local and global. We have offices in the Netherlands (Amsterdam, Rotterdam), Sweden (Stockholm, Göteborg, Lidköping), Norway (Oslo) and Denmark (Copenhagen, Aarhus). We are more than 700 in our Northern Europe cluster and part of Merkle worldwide with more than 11,000 people.
We are also part of dentsu – a global agency network with more than 46,000 dedicated employees in 145 markets. But size isn’t everything. At Merkle, our mission is to help our clients provide their customers with the best experiences possible. More than anything, this requires skills, passion, and cooperation.
Are you a front runner within your field of expertise and could you see yourself taking on the important role as our new and first Tech Lead within Frontend for our Dutch market?
Within Merkle Northern Europe, we have a strong development department in Denmark consisting of a frontend team, backend team, app team, and DevOps team. Our ambition is to grow our developing practice within the Netherlands, where we already have interesting local and global clients and great colleagues within other areas of expertise.
You will be a part of our frontend team consisting of 25+ colleagues in Copenhagen, who works on different exciting projects. The tech stack varies depending on the project, but our front-enders are currently focused on React and Vue. We are looking to add Next.js and Nuxt.js as an extra layer, and we are big fans of TypeScript.
We work in teams with a lot of discussion and feedback across skills and disciplines, so you will never be left alone on a task. You will be working closely with back-end specialists, art directors, and UX’ers to create the ultimate customer experiences across technologies, channels, browsers, and devices. To enable this, we always work agile and in sprints with proven processes, systems, and strong project management
Check out two incredible projects our developers are very proud of here and here.
Zooming in on the role
As our new Tech Lead, you will be developing intuitive, user-friendly solutions for our clients while putting your technical leadership skills to use. You will set the direction for our architecture and will be responsible for the execution and overall quality of the technical deliveries of a team. In close collaboration with the rest of the team, you will find the right technical approach to deliver the solutions needed to achieve the team objectives and our goals as a company.
Being a success in this role also means being a strong communicator. Both to your own colleagues and external parties. You will have a client-facing role and will also be expected to contribute to our commercial business teams' pre-sales agenda. Of course, without sales being your field of expertise. You are “just” expected to be the Technical Wizard.
As our Tech Lead, there is an opportunity to take part in management activities if the qualifications and ambitions are there. It might not be the first thing to do, but something to be discussed along the way – as the capability takes its form in the market.
Feel the spirit – and be part of it
We are a great bunch of dedicated people, and surely Merkle means something different to everyone. There’s room for you to be yourself and to grow while being part of a culture and a spirit very dear to us. In fact, we try our best to take good care of each other, our clients and the world around us. If you like the sound of succeeding with your close colleagues, the teams you join, the solutions you make and the clients you work for, then you’ll love …
- A great and central workplace.
- The opportunity to think outside the box in your daily life as well as your career.
- A fun, diverse workday with lots of challenges.
- The sweetest and most talented colleagues in the industry.
- A monthly contribution to enjoy our great lunch.
- Friday drinks and social events throughout the year.
- 25 paid leave days + 5 additional days (3 company-paid well-being days a year to support your mental, physical- and emotional well-being + 2 mandatory days off during which the office is closed).
- Travel allowance, mobile phone and internet allowance, contribution to your subscription on ClassPass, unlimited access to courses through dentsu university, etc.
We expect you to confidently tick these boxes:
- You are a technically skilled front-end developer; you think creatively and are passionate about quality in code and performance.
- Your tech stack includes strong skills within React or Vue - and TypeScript
- You have experience with building large-scale web solutions
- You have experience with and opinions on designing-in-the-browser, mobile and touch, web design, animation, accessibility, and digital communication. You are always updated on modern front-end technologies like SSG, SSR etc.
- You have solid experience being the lead on projects and make decisions (in collaboration with others).
- You have strong communication skills and will be comfortable with handling client dialogue.
- You have experience with creating the right frontend architecture for the right solution.
- You are thorough and disciplined in your work. To you, it is natural to test, quality audit, and constantly optimize.
- It is a plus if you know of Visual Studio, and have built solutions to .Net, MVC, Umbraco, EPiServer, Sitecore, etc.
Is your heart racing a little now? If you can see yourself in all this – both the job and being part of Merkle – we would love to hear from you.
Please send us your CV or an updated LinkedIn profile.
There is no application deadline, finding the right candidate is more important to us than a speedy process. We remove the job-ad when filling the position.
For questions regarding the position, please contact Anna Lynge, Talent Acquisition Manager, on mail: [email protected]