AWS Solutions Architect
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
Merkle is looking for an experienced Amazon Web Services architect to be part of its Cloud practice. You will be working on industry leading AWS platform to design, develop, and implement next generation data modernization solutions leveraging Cloud native and Commercial/Open Source Big Data technologies.
As an AWS Solutions Architect, you will:
- Be the force behind shaping the future of our AWS practice by leading innovation efforts and developing Intellectual Property
- Leading the attainment of AWS competencies, specializations, certifications and accreditations by Merkle
- Lead the development of minimum viable products for Merkle & AWS joint innovation solutions
- Advise clients on AWS optimized architectures for enterprise data management, craft strategy and roadmaps for on-prem to Cloud migration initiatives
- Conduct architectural reviews and develop cloud economic models
- Act as a trusted advisor to client on all things AWS
- Assist pre-sales team in client pitches
- Participate in technical interactions with client’s executives and senior management
- Pulling together overall technical estimation (time and effort) for new projects
- Mentor client/Merkle resources on AWS and its services
- Evaluate and analyze new commercial/open-source services/technologies offered by AWS, and other Big Data technology vendors
- Interface with other AWS Solution Architects and Engineers on:
- Development of reference architectures and design pattern library for typical AWS based solution implementations
- Creation of Merkle’s new services capabilities, packaged solution offerings
- Advise on AWS set up, security and role based access implementation, and network optimizations
- Advise on DevOps strategy and methodology
- Create customer facing pre-sales collateral such as demos, technical presentations
- Hands-on AWS professional
- Possess thorough understanding of AWS technical landscape, business drivers, and emerging computing trends in the industry
- AWS Professional Solutions Architect certification (or similar) along with AWS Specialty level certification(s) in Big Data or Data & Analytics space
- Minimum 10 years overall experience in systems integration field with strong hands-on experience in data integration, data warehousing, and analytical projects
- Intimate familiarity with enterprise data modernization efforts, EDW migration to Cloud
- Proven track record of building technical and business relationships with senior executives
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow up
- Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, where and when needed, to do what’s right for the customer
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Ability to connect technology with measurable business value
- Demonstrated technical thought leadership in customer facing situations and presentation skills
- Certified AWS Professional Solutions Architect or similar AWS Professional level certification
- 5+ years of technical management and thought leadership role delivering success in complex data projects on AWS
- 5+ year’s design and/or implementation of highly distributed applications on AWS
- 2+ years’ experience in “migrating” on premise workloads (especially EDW, Data Lake, Analytic sandboxes) to AWS
- Demonstrated experience of designing and building Big Data solutions on AWS stack leveraging Redshift, EMR, Glue, Lambda, Athena, Sagemaker, etc.
- High level of proficiency in Python & SQL
- Strong understanding of Dockers and Kubernetes
- Proficient in API design using Open API specifications and DevOps to build CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in-memory databases (e.g. Redis)
- Background in AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
- Technical architectural and development experience on Massively Parallel Processing technologies, such as Redshift, Hadoop, Spark, Teradata, Netezza
- Technical architectural and development experience on one or more Data Integration technologies, such as Glue, Ab Initio, Talend, Pentaho, Informatica, Data Stage, Map Reduce
- Working knowledge of cloud components: Software design and development, Systems Operations / Management, Database architecture, Virtualization, IP Networking, Storage,
- Working knowledge of marketing tools: (e.g. HCL Unica, Adobe)
- Technical prowess and passion-especially for public Cloud, modern Application design practices and principles. Accreditations on AWS preferred.
- Oversight experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to operations support teams
- Experience in Front End design and development
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other industry standard benefits
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK, candidates that require a sponsorship may also be considered if they are an ideal match with what's aligned in our key skills.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter