Salesforce Commerce Cloud Functional Lead
Merkle is a technology-enabled, data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company. For over 30 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We are champions for meaningful progress and aim to be a force for good—for our people, clients, industry, and society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding, and learning so they can grow. We embed diversity in our mindset, products, and teams to empower an inclusive, equitable, and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators and clients, driving better outcomes. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
As a Salesforce Functional Lead, you will be an essential team member in developing creative solutions to client problems. You will take ownership and ensure the delivery of high-quality implementations to our customers. Reporting to the Salesforce Functional Director, you will need advanced technical knowledge of multiple Salesforce products and experience leading successful implementations. You are curious, asking questions, and looking for clarity to work more effectively. You spot opportunities for efficiency in processes and are eager to implement improvements that make everyone's lives easier. You develop insights and use those insights to propose solutions to client problems. You are enthusiastic, focused on customer success, and can demonstrate and promote your work to clients through presentation and conversation.
- Perform in-depth site assessment and document the gaps between our client's existing functionality and what is available with Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
- Provide suggestions and solutions to accommodate custom requirements that fit within the Architecture of SFCC.
- Manage the requirements engineering process throughout the sales life cycle, eliciting, documenting, analyzing, and harmonizing functional and non-functional software requirements.
- Participate in requirements workshops and reviews to support verification activities, traceability, and assessment/analysis of risk.
- Lead discussions to validate that the captured functional requirements align with the technical specifications and design comps. Perform gap analysis when they don't align.
- Facilitate scoping of product requirements and priorities to align product roadmaps and deliverables.
- Support planning and reviews, development estimation, and incremental feature delivery in tight collaboration with clients and technical teams
- Be a gatekeeper to ensure that functional solutions comply with User Experience design (UXD) guidelines for harmonized user interface/interaction and that designs meet end-user expectations.
- 3+ years progressive product ownership experience. Previous experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud platforms required. Relevant experience across retail, consulting, or e-business
- 3+ years leading (or participating) in CRM system implementation efforts using an SDLC methodology
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems, or a related field
- Analytical – be able to manage technically and organizationally
- Experience with formal delivery methodologies (Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall)
- Experience designing Salesforce solutions. Design a scalable solution to meet client needs, and participate in system configuration
- Project management - Demonstrated and experience with the complete lifecycle of complex enterprise projects; understanding of core project management concepts, theories, practices, and methods
- Change management and scope control - Experience performing impact analysis for potential changes in scope; ability to administer change management processes within a specified framework, including reviewing issues management and change control logs to understand status and identify potential risk situations
The anticipated salary range for this position is $96,000 - $146,000. Salary is based on various factors, including relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and other benefits are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit dentsubenefitsplus.com.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and specific state or local laws. To request or discuss accommodation, please reach out to [email protected]
About dentsu international
Part of Dentsu Group, Dentsu International is a network designed for what’s next, helping clients predict and plan for disruptive future opportunities and create new paths to growth in the sustainable economy. Dentsu delivers people-focused solutions and services to drive better business and societal outcomes. This is delivered through five global leadership brands - Carat, Dentsu Creative, dentsu X, iProspect and Merkle, each with deep specialisms.
Dentsu International’s radically collaborative team of diverse creators unifies people, clients and capabilities through horizontal creativity to help clients create culture, change society, and invent the future.
Powered by 100% renewable energy, Dentsu International operates in over 145 markets worldwide with more than 46,000 dedicated specialists, and partners with 95 of the top 100 global advertisers.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.