Specialist_Ethics & Compliance Senior_Manager
This opportunity is within Dentsu's integrated global capability that delivers world-class, agile services across the Dentsu network - Dentsu Creative, Dentsu Media and Merkle. In this role, you will be part of Merkle, enabling delivery of innovative data and technology solutions for Merkle's global brands.
Merkle, a Dentsu company, is a leading data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The company’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive hyper-personalized marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in consulting, creative, media, analytics, data, identity, CX/commerce, technology, and loyalty & promotions drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With more than 14,000 employees, Merkle has offices throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. For more information, visit www.merkle.com.
Years of Experience: 7 to 12
Role & Purpose:
- Support the integration of acquired entities in India and implement an effective ethics and compliance program for these acquired entities aligned to the global Ethics and Compliance program strategy and regional Ethics and Compliance priorities
- Collaborate with leadership to foster an ethical culture
- Embed an effective and strong ethics and compliance program and ethical culture within Dentsu's ways of working and decision-making.
- Implements ethics & compliance program activities and initiatives
- Effectively partners with management to foster an ethical culture through appropriate communication and demonstration of ethical and compliance standards aligned with Dentsu’s Code of Conduct and policies
- Conducts or supports conducting compliance risk assessment - works with internal functions and market senior management to help identify, and assess compliance risks, develop, report, and monitor mitigation actions
- Conducts or supports internal investigations of alleged Code of Conduct and policy breaches, monitors the execution of disciplinary actions and remediation activities
- Conduct risk-based ethics and compliance training for increased understanding and improved decision-making aligned with Dentsu's Code of Conduct and key policies
- Contributes to providing regular and timely ethics and compliance-related communication.
- Implement and monitor third party (including affiliate) due diligence, review & resolve red flags with internal functions and business partners
- Implements key policies (e.g. Anti-corruption, Gift and Hospitality, and Conflicts of Interest Policies) and embed relevant processes including red flag identification and resolution within the business processes and decision-making
- Facilitate the implementation of the Ethics & Compliance Agenda of the Risk and Compliance Committee meetings and follow through on actions arising
- Assist in implementing dashboards, scorecards, and presentations to highlight ethics and compliance gaps and to highlight good practice
- Responds to compliance-related queries from staff, management, and Legal and Compliance colleagues including supporting responses to client inquiries
- Supports M&A, compliance due diligence process, and integration activities
- Supports global and APAC regional ethics and compliance initiatives and contributes to global and regional program strategy and priorities.
- Proven experience in implementing Ethics & Compliance program (minimum 7-12 years).
- Experience in conducting internal investigations
- Strong business acumen and extensive experience dealing with and influencing senior stakeholders.
- Solution-oriented, with a hands-on mindset
- Project management, process orientation, skills to effectively design, develop and implement compliance and relevant business processes, controls, and workflows
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Good team player, collaborative style of working
- Bachelor's degree, in Finance or Law. Legal qualifications or training will be advantageous.