Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
Come and join our team!
We're looking for a proactive, enthusiastic Scala Developer to integrate into our growing team, working across a diverse mix of clients and cloud technologies.
Your day-to-day role will be collaborating with other highly skilled software engineers in supporting and developing new and existing large-scale enterprise datacentric on premise and cloud solutions.
You will be assisting with the development of new functionality according to a commercial brief, building new data solutions and updating existing ones depending on the requirements. You may also be required to perform peer-reviews to ensure code adheres to best practice, is fit for purpose and scalable, and documenting technical processes in a clear and highly detailed fashion.
As a member of the Software Engineering team, you will be supporting the Analytics, Marketing Activation and Account Management teams in responding to client and internal work requests/queries, setting expectations, and ensuring process is adhered to.
You will receive training and mentoring, where required, to enable you to fulfill the requirements of the role as outlined above.
Life as a Scala Developer at Merkle
As part of your daily work, you will:
- Develop and apply your growing technical skills in developing and supporting new and existing marketing data solutions across a wide range of industry sectors.
- Assist in the development of Cloud and Big Data solutions utilizing technologies including Scala, Spark, AWS, GCP, Azure and Hadoop.
- Work with other software engineers to construct build and deploy applications using various cloud technologies and languages.
- Document technical solution designs based on client and business analyst led requirements.
- Partake in scoping, planning and requirements analysis, through to discovery, design, development, testing and deployment of each work package.
- Ensure development requirements align with Merkle standards and policies, and with industry best practices.
- Stay abreast of industry technology innovations, new business practices, and third-party technology solutions.
What we are looking for in you
1+ years of Programming experience in Scala
- Knowledge\experience of Spark and Hadoop;
- Another high-level language (Python, C#, Java or equivalent);
- Knowledge\experience of Database technologies, relational and/or NoSQL;
- Knowledge\experience of one or more Cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- A technical background (Bachelor’s or master’s degree, or work in a similar field).
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and apply those skills to the role.
- Good communication, and interpersonal skills; ability to interact with people of varying backgrounds, technical abilities, languages, and cultures.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Attractive and competitive salary
- Spanish/English lessons
- Free life and health insurance
- Career development through Dentsu University and LinkedIn Learning
- Day off on your birthday
- Annual wellness days
- Merkle Care Employee Assistance Program
- Merkle Benefits Club
- Reduced fee in Andjoy
- 2 volunteering days per annum
- Flexible salary remuneration scheme
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in Spain as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.