Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 25 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. When combined with its strength in performance creative and media, Merkle creates customer experiences that drive improved marketing results and shareholder value. With more than 4,100 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland with 16 additional offices in the US and 8 offices in Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Account Director will oversee execution of project engagements for a key Merkle account within the financial services vertical. Projects may include direct and digital creative, strategy, research, data/analytics and other Merkle services that enable the client to successfully meet and exceed customer acquisition, retention and other marketing goals. Together with one direct report and partnering with capability areas within Merkle, the Account Director will ensure that deliverables are on strategy, on time and on budget and meet Merkle and client quality expectations. This role requires strong project management experience as well as marketing expertise.
The person in this role will be a key connection point with the assigned client, responsible for building and strengthening relationships and driving high client satisfaction through impeccable project management, strong understanding of the client’s product(s) and marketing strategies, the highest quality of work and value-added insights.
This role reports to the VP, Sr. Account Director.
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with the client by understanding the client’s business and products and how their goals align to Merkle solutions and services.
- Ask questions and provide insights and solutions on topics including business strategy, brand strategy, creative, digital media, and results analysis.
- Use project management expertise and independent information gathering to ensure the successful execution of deliverables across Merkle lines of business, with an emphasis on a fast-paced workflow of a high volume of direct and digital acquisition creative. Support efforts to improve process.
- Lead new creative assignments; run other projects if the team is overloaded.
- Serve as project manager for client engagements involving Merkle services such as strategy, research, data/analytics, etc.
- Manage and mentor client service resource(s) (Account Manager) that assists with all creative project workflow and manages creative modification and production work; teach and guide versus simply delegating.
- Engage a matrixed, cross-functional team with varying personalities/skills to achieve high levels of service and output quality. Set the bar for the team as it pertains to personal drive, work quality and relationship management; encourage the team to think and work differently.
- Prepare creative briefs, schedules, presentations, results analysis.
- Interface with the client daily across all communication channels and develop a relationship based on trust.
- Interface with external partners who may contribute to client projects.
- Anticipate and escalate potential client issues; gather needed information and determine potential solutions for issues that do arise.
- Manage administrative responsibilities including new project setup, financial tracking, forecasting, reconciliation and invoicing. Develop a strong grasp of the financial process.
- Conduct productive difficult client and employee conversations as required
- Bachelor's degree required
- 8+ years of experience in client services/account management in an advertising agency, marketing company, or client-side marketing department with a working knowledge of direct marketing, digital marketing, omnichannel/integrated marketing, marketing/creative strategy, data/analytics to guide marketing decisions, print production
- Experience leading a team (internal and client) and direct people management responsibility; able to work and lead independently
- Experience managing client relationships
- Strong project management capabilities in a fast-paced environment with a high volume of work output
- Experience evaluating creative deliverables against strategy; experience evaluating strategy and other deliverable types against scope of work and client objectives
- Strong written and verbal skills; ability to write and present a quality presentation
- Ability to identify and analyze problems and produce viable solutions
- Financial acumen: has managed budgets, forecasts, client invoicing
- Experience with tools including Workfront, Teams, Excel, Adobe Acrobat
The anticipated salary range for this position is $68,000-$106,000. Salary is based on a range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. Additionally, this position is eligible for commission following the terms of the company’s plan in effect at the time the commission is earned. The company’s commission plans are subject to change. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/
About dentsu international
Part of Dentsu Group, Dentsu International is a network designed for what’s next, helping clients predict and plan for disruptive future opportunities and create new paths to growth in the sustainable economy. Dentsu delivers people-focused solutions and services to drive better business and societal outcomes. This is delivered through five global leadership brands - Carat, Dentsu Creative, dentsu X, iProspect and Merkle, each with deep specialisms.
Dentsu International’s radically collaborative team of diverse creators unifies people, clients and capabilities through horizontal creativity to help clients create culture, change society, and invent the future.
Powered by 100% renewable energy, Dentsu International operates in over 145 markets worldwide with more than 46,000 dedicated specialists, and partners with 95 of the top 100 global advertisers.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.