We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
Finance Control – The team is responsible for the balance sheet, the reporting of the actual financial statements accompanying the internal and external audits, and for the correct content of financial statements of all companies.
You will be responsible for always on-time and complete reporting to the group according to the current legal situation and the internal guidelines and controls as well as the corresponding variance analyses.
In addition, you will accompany and support internal and external audits.
The following activities are carried out by you within the framework of the applicable Standard Operation Procedures (SOP). You will work closely with the team members involved in the process, both inside and outside the Finance Shared Service Center (SSC).
· Your daily tasks will include monitoring and supervising the principles of proper accounting for individual companies on your own responsibility. You will be responsible for the complete and correct content of balance sheets and, in a broader sense, the correct presentation in the profit and loss account (P&L). This includes, among other tasks:
- Carrying out account clarification and reconciliation.
- Carrying out the reconciliation and documentation of the differences between the local accounts and the reporting in accordance with IFRS.
- Challenge Commercial Finance planning activities.
- Support of the Specialist Functions (e.g. Tax & Compliance) with inquiries.
- Forwarding and resolving escalations through Operational Finance and Commercial Finance.
- Co-control of the working capital and provision of evaluation of the same.
- Ensure timely monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting (excl. explanations) and supervise the audits of your companies.
- Assumption of various ad hoc activities in the field and, within the scope of expertise, also cross-functionally.
- You have at least 3 years of reporting and accounting experience, preferably in an agency environment or audit firm.
- You have already worked successfully with shared service centers and remote teams.
- You had direct contact with internal and external audits.
- You are familiar with the IFRS (German Gaap is an advantage) and experienced in assisting with company financial audits; additional tax and compliance knowledge is a plus.
- Good knowledge of SAP FI and Power BI tools – especially MS Office round off your profile.
- You are a strong communicator and bring along a high willingness to change.
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken of English.
- You are characterized by a strong customer and quality focus.
- Attention to detail and analytical profile.
- Work daily to expand your expertise and actively contribute to new solutions and the collaborative result.
- Cutting Edge Technology & Latest IT tools
- Agile and Flexible working hours
- Fair compensation according to your experience
- Career path
- Software-house environment
- Health insurance (also included for the household)
- 25 vacations days
- Free coffee
- Team & Company events 🎉