Human Resources Advisor
Merkle Bulgaria provides global retailers with a single source of expertise, technology, and operational support. We have a proven track record for delivering, managing, and innovating multi-channel commerce platforms for major international brands and retailers including Adidas, Clarins, ASDA. Shiseido, Birkenstock, La Prairie, and more. Our world-class team has delivered sites for over 35 brands with more than 400 transactional eCommerce sites in 60 locations and on 6 continents.
As part of a global expansion strategy, the company has set up a key Sofia technology team and we are currently looking for talented people for the role of a:
Human Resources Advisor
Role Purpose The HR Advisor covers a wide range of country centric HR processes and practices aligned with the Global HR Strategy. The broad areas include employee administration & employee matters, reward, performance development. This position is a hands-on operational role with exposure to senior stakeholders locally.
Proactively supports local HR processes about:
- Employee administration:
o all necessary co-ordination and documents in order to assure a smooth and efficient employee journey which complies with local law (from initial labour agreements; amendment; job descriptions, handbooks, etc. to resignations)
o Responsible for all new joiner documentation, including deliver relevant details to the payroll provider;
o Deliver effective employee onboarding process;
o Act as a subject advisor to employees about employment law, provides advice and guidance if needed
o Work in close collaboration with Talent Acquisition team during the full employee lifecycle.
o Keep up to date with changes in the local employment law.
o Understand the concept of local payroll services;
o Keeps healthy relationship with the payroll provider to secure timely payroll payments to employees;
o Work with the Finance team to support data accuracy;
- Health & Safety
o Coordinate the process of ensuring safety environment according to the legal requirements;
o Works with the labour medicine office where relevant;
- Employee development
o Supports all Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes quality, productivity and standards.
o Supports the Performance development processes in place and takes part takes part in career development initiatives
o At least 2 years in a professional HR role
o Proficiency in MS Office package, incl. MS Excel
o Local labor law application is an advantage
- Critical for this job
o High level of confidentiality
o High level of accuracy and attention to detail
o Strong time management skills, ability to multitask
o Fluency in English
o Be a natural people person who wants to give great customer service
o Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Able to develop and manage relationships across the company and with a variety of partners based on trust, teamwork and knowledge
o Enjoy working with documents and numbers
o Open to learn and develop
- We are huge believers in work-life balance, that's why we offer all of our employees 25 days of paid leave
- We recognize strong talent and go above and beyond to attract and retain the best people, that's why our remuneration packages are among the top on the market
- We understand that there cannot be a "one size fits all" approach when it comes to benefits, that's why we have a customizable benefits package, that fits your own needs
- Our teams operate using a hybrid work model and they can work from both the office and the comfort of their own home
- Free parking spaces for all of our employees when they decide to work from the office
- Free drinks and snacks in the office to help keep the energy levels up
- Attend the most popular tech and business events in Bulgaria for free, of course