Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Biller to join our Merkle Finance Team. The primary focus of this role will be to guarantee timely and effective invoicing.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to make a difference in a growing team, support our International success and develop a career in an organisation where no one day is the same.
We envisage that suitable candidate will bring circa 2-3 years Billing experience from a European or Global business (with both UK and International stakeholders) and a good working knowledge of Navision / Dynamics 365 (preferable).
Life as a Billings Specialist at Merkle:
- it’s a roll-up your sleeves and get stuck in type of role, ensuring timely billing, clearing monthly discrepancies, and resolving accrued revenue;
- has a proactive role in client onboarding, liaising with the Client Service department to ensure efficient and correct invoicing set up;
- resolving billing with clients and internal departments is key;
- proactively identifying accounts that require extra contact and support is essential;
- actively develop both billing processes and procedures;
- supporting offshore Billing and Credit Specialist transactional team;
- general ad hoc activities to support the finance function and wider reporting.
What we are looking for in you
- Circa 2-3 years billing experience from a European or Global business where you are used to dealing with both UK and International stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Experience of both Media and Project billing, ideally from a Digital Media business.
- Good working knowledge of Navision / Dynamics 365 and Salesforce.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- IT literate with strong Excel skills (formula skills), hands on experience in operating spreadsheets.
- Comfortable with producing and managing large numbers of invoices at any one time.
- Clear and confident conversational and written English communication skills.
- Excellent at engaging with clients, building rapport and relationships.
- Comfortable talking to a variety of people, internally and externally to identify the right solution.
- A self-motivated and highly methodical individual who can function and win in a demanding performance-driven environment.
- Good team working skills with the ability to work collaboratively and flexibly.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Attractive and competitive salary
- Spanish/English lessons
- Free life and health insurance
- Career development through Dentsu University and LinkedIn Learning
- Day off on your birthday
- Annual wellness days
- Merkle Care Employee Assistance Program
- Merkle Benefits Club
- Reduced fee in Andjoy
- 2 volunteering days per annum
- Flexible salary remuneration scheme
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in Spain as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.