CDP Technical Consultant
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
We're looking for a proactive, enthusiastic, and creative developer for marketing technologies, in particular CDPs (Customer Data Platforms), to integrate into our growing team working across a diverse mix of clients.
Come and join our team!
The CDP Technical Consultant role is a unique hybrid of business and technical consultancy, with the focus on CDPs (Bloomreach (former Exponea), Adobe Experience Platform, mParticle). As the Technical Consultant for multiple client projects, you will implement these tools for some of the biggest companies in the world, under the ongoing coaching and mentoring of the Principal Technical Consultants and other colleagues in the team. You will be delivering high quality technical solutions to solve our clients’ problems. The successful candidate will be able to display technical skill and the ability to work with cross-division, cross-functional teams from project inception to completion
Life as a Technical Consultant at Merkle
- You will form part of a team of around 15 highly skilled consultants - there is not much we don’t know about marketing technology implementation!
- The team is experienced in multiple software technologies, you will have the option to cross train and enhance your knowledge – you could expand your product portfolio with a range of other tools (Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Braze, Adobe Campaign)
- Build and maintain cutting edge Customer Data Platforms with Bloomreach (Exponea), Adobe Experience Platform and Salesforce CDP.
- Own delivery tasks from initial requirements, through to design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Demonstrate technical expertise while scoping and driving the creation of marketing and data solutions, ETL, platform configuration, APIs, integrations, and other platform development.
- Proactively identify and resolve problems including client data feed issues and recommend appropriate courses of action.
- Have the opportunities to become a certified expert in the different technologies you work with
- Help us continuously improve by identifying, creating, and enhancing internal systems and processes based on recurring client requests or evolving industry standards
- This role currently follows a hybrid way of working where you will work based in the local office (London or Barcelona) and remotely from home
What we are looking for in you
- Technical background, demonstrated with a degree in a technical field (e.g., Computer Science, Business Information Systems) or equivalent experience
- Hands on experience in programming languages (preferable SQL and JS)
- Experience with integrations between tools using APIs including testing
- Understanding of databases and ETL concepts
- Experience implementing a CDP for an organisation preferable
- It is anticipated the candidate will have circa 2-4 years’ experience in a technical role in marketing technologies
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills; ability to interact with people of varying backgrounds, technical abilities, languages, and cultures
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic working environment and learn quickly, and passion for problem solving
- Ability to interpret technical and business objectives and needs, with attention to detail
- Marketing concepts experience/knowledge would be a bonus
- Be prepared to travel or work on Client/Partner sites when required, including short business trips to other regions and abroad
Тhаnk you for reading about our role. If you decide to apply, keep in mind that we will be considering candidates who meet our requirements first, then everyone else. If you don't hear back from us, we may reach out in the future once we have a role that might be a better fit for you.