Merkle is a leading data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading non-profit organisations have partnered with Merkle to maximise the value of their customer portfolios.
The company’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive hyper-personalised marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic candidate with approximately 5 years experience to start a promising career at Merkle. The ideal candidate for this role will have a good grounding in customer analytics, marketing analytics, and strong experience leading teams to ensure clients expectations are met and the work is delivered to a high standard.
This Associate Director role is to primarily support our London based Analytics team, while also undertaking client analytics obligations. We are open to location on this role but there may be some requirement for face-to-face meetings in London and Milton Keynes so flexibility on travel is required.
Life as an Associate Director - Analytics at Merkle
- Work closely with the Head of Analytics in setting up processes, promoting best practice and providing strategic insight across the Analytics team
- Directing strategic initiatives to promote innovation & upskilling
- Strong focus on sharing team successes to Leadership and across the team and wider organisation
- Being an advocate for the analytics team demonstrated through internal network building and continuous education of our teams capabilities framed around client needs
- Ensure compliance practices with GDPR are active within business to mitigate against compliance breaches. Work with Head of Analytics to ensure appropriate training and guidance available across the team
Daily coaching, mentoring and nurturing of team of Senior Analytics Managers, Lead Analytical Consultants and Analysts
Supporting training needs within your team, aligning with the market and client needs. This includes delivering hands-on training and upskilling for the team
Collate the appropriate information from senior managers & Lead Analytics Consultant, plus get direct feedback as necessary from other parts of the business to feed into team development discussions and succession planning
Ensure resourcing impacts within the team are raised and make recommendations for resource requests to Head of Analytics
Collaboration across the analytics practice to develop creative and robust solution designs to solve client challenges
Support commercial team with input to new business proposals and pitches
Generally, when working within Merkle you will strive to develop:
A forward-looking vision, inclusive and inspiring at all levels of the organization
A highly engaged team of talented Analysts, by proactively appointing, retaining and developing top level talent that inspires the trust and confidence of our clients – leading by example
What we are looking for in you
- 5+ years experience in an analytical role, with demonstrable management experience
- Comparable experience in selling analytics and implementing new analytics solutions.
- A good grounding in customer & marketing analytics with demonstrable leadership and/or consultancy experience
- Highly proficient in a coding language (e.g. SQL, R, Python, SAS) with knowledge of data science practices & appreciation of ML ops/productionising analytics
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to present complex concepts to a wide range of audiences, to different levels within an organization (technical & non technical)
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Flexible hybrid working with wonderful central London and Manchester office locations
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks, mentorship, and external training funding
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance, and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits includes 3 wellness days, birthday day off and 2 volunteer days.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To advise our clients on how to target businesses worldwide, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes well-being and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity, or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approaches to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment team.