Sr. Digital Producer
As our Sr. Digital Producer, you’ll be responsible for managing the production of our Client’s omni-channel digital experiences as well as creating, implementing and championing best practices.. The Sr. Digital Producer needs to be an extremely organized, strategic, positive team orchestrator who is responsible for executing project objectives and deliverables.
You’ll own the day-to-day project schedule, and manage project costs, timelines and quality while remaining flexible and focused on delivering the best creative solutions. You’ll be accountable for end-to-end management of projects, from brief to digital execution & publish, that delivers best in class content and storytelling. You’ll often juggle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize based on client needs. You will be working closely with Client stakeholders, and dentsu Studio Managers, Designers, Copywriters and others to ensure the delivery of an on-time, seamless digital experience. Additionally, you will offer support and mentorship to less senior members on your team.
In Your Role, You Are (Accountable for):
- Collaborating with all Client partners in managing the back-end production responsibilities to launch Client seasonal work.
- Ensuring details of creative & digital production briefs are accurate leading up to launch and all potential issues are managed and resolved.
- Periodically being available at odd hours in order to support specific initiative-, product- or category-related content and omni-channel executions.
- Creating, implementing, and championing best practices for your team, the Client and others
- Supporting where bandwidth allows on special projects.
- Supporting the Client’s creative leadership team with effective team communication, proactive problem solving, and information distribution.
- Tracking and moving initiatives forward while working with multiple stakeholders.
- Facilitating meetings, preparing impactful agendas, and establishing next steps and owners.
- Attending critical product meetings and understanding the Digital strategy and execution roadmap.
- Estimating resource requirements.
- Mentoring junior members of the team
- Raising risks and opportunities to Client facing and dentsu Studio Managers/ Directors.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Communications, or Design
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in a digital field in an agency or major Brand setting
- Additional 2 years Production experience in lieu of degree
- Confident knowledge of consumer culture
- Expert level attention to detail and time management skills
- Expert understanding of digital, commerce and internet concepts and technology
- Strong understanding of product development lifecycle and experience with facilitating digital creative process
- Multi-tasking capabilities, with ability to work on a variety of different projects and workstreams at one time
- Strong people skills, diplomacy and collaborative spirit
- Experience working in a heavily matrixed corporation where working in cross-functional teams is paramount to success
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly and work in a constantly evolving environment, making production calls and shifts as needed
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a diverse group
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability while also knowing when to escalate issues to management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including meeting facilitation skills and the confidence to give presentations
- Ability to clearly articulate goals and objectives to senior leadership
- Experience and desire in mentoring junior members of a team
- Familiarity with productivity, tracking and communication tools including MS Office, JIRA, Invision, Trello, Asana, Zepplin, Airtable, Workfront, etc.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.