IC Senior_eCommerce_Senior Analyst_Bay Area
Ugam, a Merkle company, is a leading analytics and technology services company. Our customer-centric approach delivers impactful business results for large corporations by leveraging data, technology, and expertise. We consistently deliver superior, impactful results through the right blend of human intelligence and AI. With 4600+ people spread across locations worldwide, we successfully deploy our services to create success stories across industries like Retail & Consumer Brands, High Tech, BFSI, Distribution, and Market Research & Consulting. Over the past 21 years, Ugam has been recognized by several firms including Forrester and Gartner, named the No.1 data science company in India by Analytics Insight, and certified as a Great Place to Work®.
The name Ugam comes from the ancient Sanskrit language and means “source” or “origin.” Ugam seeks to be the source of solutions for the complex problems of retailers, brands and market research firms worldwide. The name signifies the company’s position as a pioneer in the market for data and analytics, and the source of relevant actionable insights for clients.
Ugam, a Merkle company and part Dentsu, is looking for Senior Analyst
This role (remote now) is responsible for support the client’s Advertisement team in identifying insights, opportunities and performance within its vertical categories that will help influence the Advertising strategy. S/he will be responsible for tracking performance, understanding trends, identifying opportunities and delivering actionable insights.
Role: Senior Analyst
- Track and analyze vertical category performance (reach, effectiveness, and impact) to implement test & learn best practices
- Analyze and improve client’s Ads strategy (who to target and which channel to use) by looking at multiple dimensions (usage, opportunity, competition, seasonality, gap analysis…)
- Think strategically (in conjunction with SMB & Brand Engagement) how to improve and evolve the segmentation and then coordinate with analytics implementation and plan
- Support in analyzing NA trends to spot issues/opportunities and to improve our forecast
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis and data mining to tell the story behind numbers and derive actionable insights
- Provide an accurate level of effort estimates and delivery plans for projects and initiatives. Owns and support projects end-to-end.
- Proactively communicate status, issues, and risks to management.
- Collaborate and partner with teams across organization to understand their needs in analytics
- Develop automation processes, and best practices, executes projects, & Ensure business needs are being met. Troubleshoots business and production issues.
Qualification − BE/B.Tech in CS, IT, Math, Stats & Masters in Analytics or equivalent (ideal)
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in analytics consulting and professional services
- 1-3 years of experience in digital/consumer internet/e-Commerce space; thorough understanding of Marketplace business
- Hands-on experience working with large, complex, and diverse datasets.
- Experience tuning the query for optimal performance
- 3-5 years of experience working with Python and analysing large datasets
- 1-3 years of experience working with Hadoop and Spark SQL
- Strong SQL query skills and experience with visualization required
- Good understanding with statistical modelling techniques - Linear Regression, Logistic regression, Bayesian regression, Pooled Regression
- Experience with Exploratory Data Analysis
- Must have exceptional and effective communication, organization, and time management skills
- Must be pro-active and determined (Initiates action, Analytical and problem solver)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
About dentsu international
Part of Dentsu Group, Dentsu International is a network designed for what’s next, helping clients predict and plan for disruptive future opportunities and create new paths to growth in the sustainable economy. Dentsu delivers people-focused solutions and services to drive better business and societal outcomes. This is delivered through five global leadership brands - Carat, Dentsu Creative, dentsu X, iProspect and Merkle, each with deep specialisms.
Dentsu International’s radically collaborative team of diverse creators unifies people, clients and capabilities through horizontal creativity to help clients create culture, change society, and invent the future.
Powered by 100% renewable energy, Dentsu International operates in over 145 markets worldwide with more than 46,000 dedicated specialists, and partners with 95 of the top 100 global advertisers.