Merkle Media is market leading performance media agency specializing in data driven digital media planning and optimisation. With 20 year’s experience in digital media and a heritage as one of Google’s original UK channel partners, the business has evolved from a leading independent to supporting a client roster of recognisable national and global brands within the Dentsu marketing group
Our agency our mission is to ensure media delivers long-term growth, with focus on business outcomes vs individual programme/campaign/media metrics. As part of Merkle a leading data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company providing expertise in Marketing Technology, Data/Analytics and CRM, Merkle Media is uniquely positioned at the intersection of media and technology to enable the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices.
We’re looking for someone passionate about Media Planning to join our growing team and continue to push the boundaries on what’s possible within the digital and addressable advertising landscape. Our team works across a varied portfolio of clients of all shapes, industries and sizes and we work very closely with both our Paid Media, Analytics and Customer Strategy teams to ensure we’re at the cutting edge of our field. We’re looking for people who are digital natives by default but also all -rounders with exposure to both off and online planning. A good understanding of integrated media planning is essential, as well as an appreciation of data driven marketing and the desire to progress this practice both in concept and in activation.
This role is best suited to someone with 3+ years with hands-on experience or a background in digital delivery, with a focus on omni-channel strategy. It requires an understanding of general marketing principles as well as business acumen to support understanding of our clients and the digital marketing space. It supports the development of strategic and tactical initiatives designed to successfully achieve our clients’ goals. The role is diverse and requires the individual to efficiently prioritise and manage multiple work streams at once, work both individually and within a team, effectively communicate, and have an ability to continuously self-educate in this dynamic digital marketing space.
Life as a Media Planner at Merkle
- Support the Strategy Lead in development of one integrated cross-channel strategy and media laydown.
- Adopt Merkle planning methodology in coordination of brief responses, cross-media strategies and media plans.
- Responsible for media and consumer insights collation, providing integrated brief response proposals.
- Collaborate closely with multiple marketing channel specialists to ensure optimal use of each marketing channel.
- Liaise with media owners and external agency partners, attending all agency meetings to present all channels and feedback requirements to channel leads.
- Maintain a high level of working and strategic knowledge across all channels and how they can integrate.
- Thought leadership, putting forward new topics of interest.
- Support the idea generation, cross-functional coordination and work with client management to ensure successful implementation of these campaigns.
- Ensure consistent communication during the planning period and ensure the internal teams has visibility of each step within the process.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.
- We anticipate the successful candidate will have circa 3+ years of experience in Media Planning or in a cross-channel delivery roles, at account manager level.
- A comprehensive understanding of different marketing capabilities and what they offer the client and customer, including; Search Marketing, Analytics, Display, Social, CRM etc.
- Good understanding of ATL and OOH marketing initiatives.
- Experience of insight generation with third party tools.
- Strong understanding of multi-channel marketing, ensure digital is fully embedded in all initiatives.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.