Early Careers - Client Services Account Executive
Merkle is a leading data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading non-profit organisations have partnered with Merkle to maximise the value of their customer portfolios.
The company’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive hyper-personalised marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage.
We have an exciting opening for an entry-level position as an Account Executive to join our team here at Merkle working with one of our top clients which is one of our fully integrated accounts across strategy, creative, data & technology. This role will be to support and learn across the Account Management team on a travel / transport account, helping to oversee the agency/client engagement and manage the ongoing relationship/co-ordination between client stakeholders and agency delivery teams.
This is an exciting opportunity to launch or accelerate a career in the industry with a holistic view of cross capability agency engagements and ways of working.
Life as a Client Service Account Exec at Merkle
As an Account Executive at Merkle, your day-to-day role and key responsibility will be to ensure operational success for our clients across the services we provide.
You will have strong relationships with both key client stakeholders and their other agency teams to ensure that campaign timings and processes are clear and adhered to. The Account Executive role is vital in ensuring that all deliveries are successful, supporting the Account Managers in both identifying and implementing these improvements and efficiencies including:
· Commercial oversight– Learning and supporting the management of account operations including how the agency makes money, contracting terms, forecasting, billing and margin monitoring.
· Account co-ordination – Developing a good understanding of different agency offerings and ways of working by supporting the co-ordination of marketing brief responses, weekly client updates and meeting attendance, as well as producing competitor reviews, case studies and award entries.
· Career progression & personal development - working side by side with experienced account team to learn how to manage a successful agency account.
What we are looking for in you
· Attitude is key – we need someone with energy, ideas, curiosity, passion and a willingness to learn/adapt in a fast-paced environment
· Attention to detail, ensuring work is monitored and accurate
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to gain gravitas with the clients early on
· Ability to manage multiple projects, a focus on outcomes, with a curious and proactive approach
· A team player with the ability to balance client priorities with agency commercials
· Experience of using Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
· The role will require some travel and work from the Dentsu offices in London and / or client and agency partners offices in London
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Flexible hybrid working with wonderful central London and Manchester office locations
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks, mentorship, and external training funding
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance, and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits includes 3 wellness days, birthday day off and 2 volunteer days.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To advise our clients on how to target businesses worldwide, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes well-being and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity, or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approaches to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment team.