Digital Delivery Director - Media
Merkle Media is market leading performance media agency specializing in data driven digital media planning and optimisation. With 20 year’s experience in digital media and a heritage as one of Google’s original UK channel partners, the business has evolved from a leading independent to supporting a client roster of recognisable national and global brands within the Dentsu marketing group
Our agency our mission is to ensure media delivers long-term growth, with focus on business outcomes vs individual programme/campaign/media metrics. As part of Merkle a leading data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company providing expertise in Marketing Technology, Data/Analytics and CRM, Merkle Media is uniquely positioned at the intersection of media and technology to enable the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices.
Every day, businesses depend on Merkle to guide them through the increasingly complex media landscape. You, as a Digital Delivery Director, will be a trusted adviser to a portfolio of clients, who are utilising a multitude of digital channels to deliver success for their organisations.
To be successful in this role requires an in depth understanding of digital marketing, the channels within (PPC/Programmatic/Paid Social etc) and how to best integrate these to achieve varying business objectives. You’ll need to be a team player with excellent leadership skills to motivate, inspire and, ultimately, bring the best out of the people running activity against the developed strategies and objectives for our clients.
You’ll work with leading brands with large media investments, so the stakes are high and attention to detail and a conscientious approach to objection handling is critical to achieve best in class client management and satisfaction to facilitate growth.
Merkle Media is rapidly growing, and we are looking for people to not just grow with us but contribute to it! From participation within our Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion teams, which you can read more about below, through to thought leadership pieces. We are #merkleproud and we want you to be too!
Life as a Digital Delivery Director at Merkle
- The go-to client facing lead for digital media delivery, building, and nurturing long term partnerships with your clients. Building a sound understanding of client’s business objectives and aligning activation team’s effort towards these.
- Leadership and alignment of the multi-channel digital activation team, implementing and managing effective ways of working and processes to achieve your long-term account vision & client goals
- Oversight of the end to end running of digital media campaigns, from planning through to execution and reporting
- Driver of the digital media maturity for your client portfolio, keeping up to date with the digital marketing industry and platform updates to identify new opportunities to help improve your clients media sophistication
- Key member of the client leadership team; working in collaboration with a Business Director/Client Director and Digital Strategy & Planning roles on your accounts.
- Active contributor to departmental initiatives, collaborating on the strategic development of the Client Management Community integrated media vision, and helping to continuously evolve our client servicing
- Thought leadership through award entries, blogs, case studies and events around integrated media strategies and success stories
- Proven track record or building and maintaining strong relationships both internally and with key partners and mobilising all towards a common goal.
- Experience of managing of a minimum two of our core paid media channels: Paid Search, Paid Social, Programmatic
- Proven experience of applying strategic thinking to complex campaigns, with a demonstrable track record in achieving and exceeding KPI’s
- Team leadership and motivation abilities, to supervise and support a large account team
- Professional communication and presentation skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritise effectively
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss a flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.