Senior Campaign Consultant
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Campaign Consultant to join our agile Platform Enablement team to help support a growing campaign client list by providing best practice, journey orchestration, and experience cloud solution adoption services. As a Senior Campaign Consultant, you will do more than just manage campaigns day to day; you will be considered an expert by your peers and clients, providing excellent understanding of campaign processes and delivering advice to in-house and client teams. You will work independently when producing and adapting process documents to suit the needs of a particular client or project, as well as when engineering and delivering user journeys, project handover and other activities. Your great communication skills will enable you to assist with requirements gathering, manage expectations and risks to clients and internal stakeholders.
This is a varied role and will give anyone joining the team a real opportunity to become an expert in their field. A team of technical and solution leads will help you improve your skills and develop as a Senior Campaign Consultant. You will receive opportunities to cross-train on other applications, strategic direction with ongoing benchmarking and actionable insights to improve performance within the team.
You will have a role to play in ensuring the wider team are able to tap into your excellent knowledge and experience. As a senior member of the team we are also looking for you to take ownership of internal training programs, training materials and cross-training members of the team during knowledge-sharing sessions, informal classroom sessions. You may be asked to support more senior members of the team with the development of internal improvement programs to peers. Experience providing deskside support, troubleshooting and bug fixing will be invaluable in achieving efficiencies for both clients and colleagues.
Life as a Senior Campaign Consultant at Merkle
You’ll act as the Senior Campaign Consultant on any new client campaign projects, offering support in the following remit:
- Migration and Implementation planning – working as part of a larger campaign team to prepare materials, campaigns and other deliverables for migration. Working very closely with practice leads to produce solutions covering all the clients’ requirements, acting as a voice of reason and experience identifying complexities and blockers that may impact the success of the project.
- Campaign design – offer practical advice regarding campaign lifecycle decisions for both peers/colleagues and clients, producing original and innovative documentation to build up the library of materials for your area of expertise.
- Data design – act as a campaign data SME during workshops, meetings, and day-to-day activities, continuously looking for ways to utilize clients’ data to achieve streamlined and efficient journeys.
- Campaign execution – independently document, build, test, QA, deliver, and handover campaigns.
- Governance and control – manage client deliverables with competence and confidence, always looking out for improvements to quality assurance, governance processes.
- Training – delivering hands-on and virtual training sessions and workshops, participating in knowledge sharing sessions and producing documentation to build up the library of materials.
- Best practice consultancy – stay on top of industry news, optimisation techniques, controls, measurement, DPA and privacy, GDPR.
What we are looking for in you
- Circa 3+ years’ experience of working as a Senior Campaign Manager or Campaign Consultant in Salesforce, Adobe, Braze/mParticle or similar.
- An excellent understanding in data and database marketing from a client or agency environment.
- You will be an advanced user of Adobe Campaign, Salesforce or Braze/mParticle. Knowledge of another tool will be advantageous, but there will be opportunities to learn these internally.
- Experience of working onsite with clients to deliver and analyse campaigns, best practice guidance, training and support.
- Experience of managing complex multi-channel, multi-wave data driven campaign programs for clients across multiple industry sectors.
- Excellent understanding of relational data and database marketing, campaign and reporting tools.
- Good understanding of campaign reporting and experience of presenting analysis to clients to inform future campaign strategy.
- Previous responsibilday-to-dayaging day to day client relationships with the ability to carefully manage client expectations and build excellent working relationships.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and time management skills.
- Previous experience of managing a small campaign team desirable.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Attractive and competitive salary
- Spanish/English lessons
- Free life and health insurance
- Career development through Merkle University and LinkedIn Learning
- Day off on your birthday
- Annual wellness days
- Merkle Care Employee Assistance Program
- Merkle Benefits Club
- Reduced fee in Andjoy
- 2 volunteering days per annum
- Flexible salary remuneration scheme
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in Spain as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.