Merkle is a leading data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading non-profit organisations have partnered with Merkle to maximise the value of their customer portfolios. The company’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive hyper-personalised marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, team player to come and work in our media teams as a financial operation executive. This role is crucial to the success of the team as they will be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate billing for our key clients. You’ll get to work in the fast-paced role of B2B media alongside the planning teams, forming close relationships with all team members as you work with them on reconciliation and billing. You’ll benefit by gaining a good foundational understanding of B2B media, specializing in digital marketing whilst you support the teams through the monthly reconciliation and billing.
Life as a Finance Operation Executive
Your role will be based within the planning teams however it will be focused on finance operations processes. As part of your role, you’ll work closely with everyone on the account to ensure that the finance processes are run smoothly. As well as being focused on finance you’ll get the option to learn more about the world of B2B media!
- Working alongside the planning teams to ensure accurate PO management for our campaigns, ensuring your familiar with the PO trackers and our campaigns
- Manage set-up of new suppliers and ensure they have the right booking number for invoicing
- Management of new Advertiser, Product and Campaign set up
- Completing monthly financial reconciliation alongside the planning and performance teams for our campaigns
- ·Working alongside our German and French offices, and any other inter-company office in the UK or abroad, to ensure accurate inter-company finance processes for our clients
- Working closely with our finance teams to ensure timely and accurate billing as well as helping to problem solve unbilled media
- Become proficient in Salesforce (or any media system we migrate to) and being the ‘go to’ person for any issues
- Ensure campaigns are closed on a timely basis and ensuring the database is kept up to date at all times (including the management of blanket client POs)
- Ensure the back-up for campaigns (signed ICAs/ client POs/ Media plans) are saved against the campaign in Salesforce
- Make sure new suppliers are set up correctly in the system and their terms have been signed off and POs are raised correctly
- Resolve with the client team client invoices where there are issues in non-payment
- Ensure timesheet compliance is adhered to by the team
What we are looking for in you
- Communication and Interpersonal Understanding
- Process driven and ability to strive to meet deadlines
- Comfortable with numbers and interested in working in finance
- Workload Management
- Good attention to detail
- Enjoys working in a team environment
- Microsoft Excel – advanced level (Pivot Tables, SumIf, Vlookup)
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created seven Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+, Parents & Carers.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
To apply for this role, please click the apply now button where you will be redirected to our careers site to complete a few further details.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.