SEO Senior Associate
Merkle is a leading data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading non-profit organisations have partnered with Merkle to maximise the value of their customer portfolios. The company’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive hyper-personalised marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage.
Due to incredible growth, we are looking for an SEO Senior Associate to join our talented & passionate SEO team. Whether you specialize in a certain area like content or technical, or consider yourself more of a generalist, we pride ourselves on providing an environment to help you thrive.
Reporting to one of our fantastic Managers, we’ll help you develop your digital marketing career with opportunities to work on global clients, develop as a thought leader, and collaborate with other Merkle best-in-class departments to create and execute holistic campaigns.
Life as a SEO Senior Associate at Merkle
Unlike a lot of SEO roles, you won’t find yourself doing hours of outreach to chase unrealistic link building targets. With a focus on helping clients deliver incredible search experiences for audiences your day to day will see you:
- Working closely with account leads to develop and drive the tactical initiatives designed to successfully achieve Merkle clients' business goals
- Engaging a 'problem-solving' mindset for challenges, managing time effectively, communicating clearly, and QAing thoroughly to ensure work is on time and of the highest standard
- Providing regular updates on timeline, deliverables, performance reporting, competitive intelligence analysis and other follow-up items
- Extracting insight from campaign data, to identify relevant trends and provide well-developed proactive recommendations to enhance and exceed overall client search marketing goals and objectives
- Working closely with key team members from SEO and across Merkle to ensure client success, and the continued development of our propositions
- Helping the wider SEO team develop their skills, through trainings and mentoring junior associates
We have roles open at a number of levels, so if you’re passionate about SEO but feel like your experience doesn’t quite match up with what we’re looking for here, we’d still love to hear from you:
Our identical candidate will have:
- Experience within an SEO focused role ideally within an Agency environment
- Experience managing or mentoring more junior members of the team is a plus
- Passion about the world of SEO with a keen interest in becoming an industry leading expert
- A proactive attitude and an ability to work with minimal supervision while maintaining focus and productivity
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, Word & PowerPoint
Additionally, the following are nice to haves:
- Experience working in collaboration with other digital marketing teams (e.g. Paid Search, CRO, Digital Experience)
- Experience with HTML editing, FTP, and CMS programs
- Additional language skills
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- 3 Wellness days, 2 Charity Days, Birthday day off & may more!
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.