Accountant (Operational Finance)
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Review of the posting entries and elaboration of reconciliations (IFRS and local GAAP) to ensure that the general ledger account balances and trial balances are appropriately booked;
- Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable;
- General ledger analysis, control, and follow-up of the necessary corrections or improvements;
- Preparation and posting of journal entries;
- Supporting all the monthly Closing & Reporting activities to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the transactions and procedures;
- Provide support when necessary on statutory and IFRS audits;
- Provide support when necessary on the preparation of VAT declaration and tax obligations;
- Support the team whenever necessary, contributing to the collaboration, help, and team spirit;
- Participate in continuous improvement processes (e.g. accounting processes, internal control process).
What should you have?
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in similar roles/areas;
- Bachelor/Master degree in Management, Finance, Accounting or other similar areas;
- Considerable knowledge of spreadsheet software and basic computer systems, Microsoft Dynamics will be a plus;
- Fluent in English - written and spoken;
- Good analytical skills, quality, rigor, and attention to detail;
- Proactive and resilient.
- Cutting Edge Technology & Latest IT tools
- Agile and Flexible working hours
- Fair compensation according to your experience
- Career path
- Software-house environment
- Health insurance (also included for the household)
- 25 vacations days
- Free coffee
- Team & Company events (we can't wait to throw a huge party after the COVID🎉🎊)