Advertising Account Manager
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
You play a pivotal role in supporting the Account Director in defining and implementing best-in-class client services across the account.
With the support of the team, it will be your responsibility to ensure operational excellence is maintained across all the projects you are working on; including project delivery, creative, campaign delivery, and reporting.
You will also work closely with the Account Director, internal matrix teams, key client stakeholders and cross-agency partners on strategic projects and discussions and ensure that the overall client strategic vision is supported by the campaign activity. You will ensure that key milestones (i.e. approval of briefs, copy and assets) and deliverables are clear, adhered to and delivered to spec and on time.
As part of your role you will also work with multiple teams within Merkle including, creative, strategy, analytics and consulting as well as some of the wider Dentsu Network agencies.
You will have commercial responsibility alongside the Account Director for management of financial forecasts and revenue projections, identifying new revenue opportunities and proactively driving these forward.
The Account Manager will be a strategic partner on the business, be able to think outside the box and bring insightful and relevant info internally and to Client.
What we are looking for in you
· We anticipate the suitable candidate will 2-5 years’ experience working in a media/digital advertising agency or client-side experience with thorough knowledge of creative strategy, media campaign delivery and managing end to end always on media programme
· A good understanding and experience in data-driven multi-channel marketing strategies and solutions
· Ability to build strong working relationships with your clients as well as third parties such as media agency, creative agency, partnership agency
· Ability to take and challenge client briefs and coordinate internal teams to develop creative strategy (inc. customer targeting and messaging framework) feeding in campaign performance insights
· Ability to brief the internal teams on media campaigns (brand, tactical, always on) and manage project to deadline and within budget
· Familiarity with Dynamic Content Optimisation programme / tools like Smartly
· Ability to manage multiple projects in parallel - your ability to create and streamline processes will be second to none
· Ability to identify additional revenue opportunities and proactively driving these internally and presenting them to the client
· Experience of managing commercials; working to agreed/scoped budgets & resource levels
· General interest in industry and competitors to drive innovation
· Transport & travel experience would be an advantage, but not essential
· Tenacity, hard work and pragmatism!
· The role will require some travel and work from the Dentsu offices in London and / or client and agency partners offices in London
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.