SAP Commerce Solution Architect
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage.
The SAP Commerce Solution Architect (SA) has the most critical roles for a project. As the name suggests, the SA is responsible for understanding and leading the implementation for the major technical elements for a customer. Reporting to the SAP Technical Delivery Director, the Solution Architect is responsible for Business Functionality, Application, Data, Integration, System Architectures, Build and Deploy process, overall technical design and mentoring team members.
· Scope - is intimately familiar with the features/requirements as defined in the statement of work; the SA is responsible for ensuring that the architecture is done in a practical, cost effective manner utilizing PFS assets where applicable
· Responsible for developing/enforcing the application architecture used to develop code on the project, including context diagrams, data flows, and customizations
· Approving or designing the data load process - guiding the data architect or catalog lead on what needs to be loaded in the application and designing the feed schedule with the business to ensure that it meets the business requirements
· Ensuring best practices are followed by enforcing coding standards (SDLC guidelines), JavaDocs, Unit Tests and performing code reviews
· Responsible for ensuring all components are well documented
· Overall lead for all core tracks on a project (Member, Order, Catalog, Integration, etc.)
· Provides Proofs of Concepts to explore the best method for problem resolution
· The SA is responsible for the code quality of all developers on their projects
· Conveying requirements to Build and Deploy resource & ensuring that a process is in place for build verification and what the test cases are
· Devises the tagging/branching strategy as go live nears
·Responsible for review of test cases created by QA to ensure proper test coverage is provided
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a closely related field required; Master’s degree preferred
· 4+ years’ experience in hybris architecture or similar project leadership, systems integration and development, package implementation, and relational databases, with knowledge of multiple technologies and interactive design required
· Must have previous experience as a Senior Developer or Technical Architect or similar project leadership roles for multiple (at least 2) mid to large B2C or B2B SAP Commerce sites
· Previous experience with agile development methodologies is required; it is preferred that this experience was obtained while executing e-commerce projects with a global and local team
· Must excel at leading and facilitating large software solutions based on the Java Virtual Machine
· Must be experienced as a project leader in the utilization of open source frameworks such as Spring, Spring MVC, Hibernate or other ORM solutions, and others as tools to create or extend SAP Commerce solutions
The anticipated salary range for this position is $145,200 - $210,100. Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.