Motion Designer and Video Editor
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
We are looking for a talented Motion Designer & Video Editor to join our rapidly expanding, award-winning creative department. As a Motion Designer & Video Editor, you will be a natural-born creative thinker, a good problem solver with a flair for video production and motion graphics, using motion and sound to bring work to life for advertising, marketing and content for leading brands.
Video is exploding as a medium for brand communication across advertising and customer experience, with platforms like YouTube, Instagram, Facebook and Tiktok changing the way brands communicate with consumers. It enables brands to communicate concepts, products and messaging in an engaging, entertaining and informative way.
Working alongside creatives, copywriters, project managers and taking steer from the Creative Director. You will be able to develop concepts and visual design storyboards for your work, crafting them to a high quality and bringing them to life with video, animation, motion graphics and sound.
An opportunity to enhance your skills with the latest emerging video editing styles, techniques, cultural, social and digital trends to produce outstanding work for the relevant channel.
A designer and a creative at heart, you will be able to contribute creatively towards campaign or content concepts, planning and pre-production for shoots and video / motion creative solutions when working with sometimes minimal video assets.
Life as a Motion Designer & Video Editor at Merkle
- Understand and translate client briefs into creative ideas
- Concept, design and storyboard videos, working alongside other creatives, designers and copywriters
- Use video editing, motion graphic design, animation and sound design to produce standout creative content for clients
- Edit and produce video creatives for digital advertising channels (YouTube, Social media etc) and organic website content
- Keep adept with emerging video editing styles and techniques, weaving in ideas and opportunities to bring our creative work to life with motion
- Contribute to shoot pre-production and on-set art direction to ensure assets captured are fit for purpose and work across multiple video formats and ratios
- Work with and handle the video editing and production requirements on client projects from other creatives
- 3-5 year’s experience in motion graphics, video editing and/or video production
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Products, e.g., Lightroom, Photoshop, Premiere and After Effects.
- Strong working proficiency with Adobe XD and the Adobe Creative Cloud – Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Good visual / graphic designer, with the ability to translate static design into motion
- Excellent knowledge and experience with sound design and how to layer, mix and enhance video production with music, sound effects and dialogue
- Experience with 3D design, animation and rendering is a bonus
- Knowledge of digital creative best practise and ad tech specs
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in managing or developing junior motion graphics / video editors is a bonus
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for creative
- Self-starter and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, Life Insurance, Critical Illness Cover and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including multiple Wellbeing Days per year, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter