Senior Director Technology Implementation
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
Senior Director Technology Implementation is accountable for the development of marketing technology solutions for clients across industries and verticals. The Implementation Lead will own a solution delivery project with focus on client satisfaction and engagement, solution technical and business quality, resource performance, financial management and stakeholder management. This individual will be the customer’s primary point of escalation and will ensure appropriate communication amongst the entire project team and stakeholders. This person will possess an understanding of the customer’s business and marketing requirements and lead the implementation team to achieve desired outcomes while managing to contractual obligations.
- Establish client engagement model that is efficient and transparent, and allows for effective clear communication
- Ensure that the project is managed in accordance with the approved methodologies and utilizing existing assets and best practices
- Act as a trusted advisor to the client day-to-day, and especially when issues arise
- Work with resource management teams to ensure that qualified Merkle resources are available; establish team dynamic and culture that is fosters open, productive and creative team environment
- Provide thought leadership to the Merkle team in overcoming obstacles, internally and with the client
- Oversee project financial management to ensure accuracy and compliance with Merkle accounting principles
- Own project performance KPIs – cost and profit
- Manage various client and Merkle stakeholders at all levels
- Strong customer service orientation; consistently meet internal and external client commitments; demonstrated desire to exceed expectations
- Strong client management skills; manage through challenging situations resulting in positive outcomes for Clients and Merkle
- Effective communication skills; ability to simplify and structure complex concepts to streamline interactions and highlight key points
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Effective presentation skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking, problem solving, planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated decision-making ability and desire to lead
- Ability to manage, delegate and use resources effectively
- Proven conflict management and resolution skills
- Experience in a hands-on functional role involving any of the following: development, business analysis, data-related quality assurance
- 10+ years of experience managing data-centric development, marketing technology solutioning, and application development projects using Agile and iterative (including waterfall) methodologies.
- Understanding of marketing concepts and platforms is desired
- Skilled with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project
- Bachelor's degree
- Ability to adapt to various conditions and situations; ability to tolerate stressful situations and remain focused under pressure
- Ability to thrive in a complex environment consisting of geographically dispersed and highly matrixed teams
- Ability to effectively and confidently interact with senior level resources both internally and with the client to ensure desired outcomes
- Qualified individuals possess the Merkle attributes of being smart, curious, committed to vision, passionate, fun/pleasant, an achiever and having a sense of urgency
- Willingness to travel when necessary - up to 25%
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $136,000 - $210,000. Salary is based on a range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. Additionally, this position is eligible for discretionary incentive compensation. The company’s incentive compensation plan is subject to change. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit dentsubenefitsplus.com.