Strategy Director - Brand, Creative & Content
Merkle B2B is the merged media skills of DWA, creative & content skills of Gyro, research skills of B2Bi and data & technology skills of Merkle. The ambition is to create the Marketing services network that can successfully serve the end-to-end needs of global B2B clients.
The UK office is currently 162 people strong and growing. It works with international clients such as Cisco, Ericsson, Meta, Salesforce, AWS, Adobe, Sky, Vitality, Goldman Sachs, Workplace & Shell.
What You Are Being Asked To Buy Into
The UK office had a great year last year. Our 7 Islands Operating System helped to make the integration of our Media, Creative & Content, Research, and Data & Technology skills a meaningful reality for our people and our clients.
We are growing as a business, and this is an opportunity to lead the Customer, Growth, Brand, and Creative & Content strategy services on some key accounts. This is also an opportunity to help shape the future direction of the services we offer and the proprietary IP we develop. And it is an opportunity to learn from others in the Strategy Services Team who have complimentary capabilities in Paid Media, Owned Media, Commerce Channels, Research, Data & Technology.
The Role: Strategy Director - Brand, Creative & Content
1. To lead the Brand, Creative & Content Strategy workstreams for a couple of key international clients (to be confirmed). To help grow and develop the client accounts alongside the Client Lead.
2. Key deliverables for the role:
- Value Proposition development (Brand, Business line, and Product/Service levels).
- Creative & Content strategy development.
- Creative & Content briefs. Inspiring & supporting Creative & Content development.
- Intelligence & insight across Company, Category, Competition, Customers, Channels & Context.
- Getting to what the real problem/opportunity is.
- Customer & Journey strategies
- Stakeholder strategies (Sales, Customer Service, Resellers, etc).
- Evaluation frameworks (Brand reputation in commercials).
3. Successfully partnering with others in the Strategy Services Team who specialise in:
- Connections Strategy across Paid Media, Owned Media, and Commerce Channels + Activation.
- Data & Technology Strategy + data & technology implementation.
4. Positive contribution to organic business development and new logo business development.
The Candidate: As A Person
- Curious about how the world works. Has a global worldview. Isn’t afraid of technology and data.
- Happy to roll up their sleeves and produce work.
- Takes personal responsibility for getting things done.
- An impact player - can take people with them on a new journey / in a new direction.
The Candidate: Experience/Background
i) Content development. Had led slow-burn content workstreams (planned activations such as thought leadership programs) & fast-burn content workstreams (proactive/reactive to changes in business cultures / the news agenda).
ii) Creative development. Taken projects from strategy into brief into ideation & concepting)
iii) Proposition development. Experience at Brand, Business Line, and Product / Service levels).
A Few Of The Benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- 3 Wellness days, 2 charity days and your Birthday day off!
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.