Marketing Planning Specialist
This position will be an important contributor to the work of the Marketing Planning team, which is responsible for reporting Marketing’s business performance and inputs directly into strategies that drive our brand, A major retailer of outdoor products & services', growth though Marketing channels, campaigns, and strategic initiatives.
This role offers an opportunity to influence Our Brand's marketing strategy, collaborate with a variety of teams inside and outside of Marketing, drive efficiency and optimize the planning process, and develop ownership of our reporting and insights. The Marketing Specialist will develop a deep understanding of A Major retailer's marketing engine and impact strategic decision-making by surfacing data-backed suggestions to partners and Marketing leaders.
An ideal candidate will bring strong communication and collaboration skills, a sense of curiosity to understand what is driving marketing performance, proven ability to balance multiple projects and deadlines at once, and experience delving into data to pull out key themes and insights.
Your Planning & Navigating Requirements (the plans the job is responsible for creating and executing, and how the job ensures they are implemented)
- Weekly communication with Marketing channels and program owners to gather business updates that are elevated to leadership
- Ownership of the team’s competitive analysis with the goal of highlighting opportunity and influencing offer strategy
- Assist in go-to-market planning through coordination with the Integrated Marketing team to ensure alignment on campaign/event goals, execution, and timelines for reporting results
- Support the cross-channel data collection, analysis, and reporting that answers key business questions about event performance through the lens of the customer; partner closely with Integrated Marketing to translate these recommendations into actionable steps that impact future planning
- Support the analysis of Marketing performance drivers and surface optimization recommendations at the weekly, monthly, and campaign/event level
- Contribute to the total effectiveness of the Marketing Planning & Optimization team through proactive process improvement, creative problem-solving, and relationship-building across teams
2-Way Communication (the contacts needed inside and/or outside the Company to accomplish the job)
Contact Title | Reason For Contact | Frequency
- Marketing Manager | Leadership and direction for job responsibility | Weekly+
- Senior Program Manager | Mentorship and direction for job responsibility | Daily to Weekly+
- Senior Marketing Analyst | Exposure to data analysis | Weekly+
- Integrated Marketing | Coordination with event recapping and go-to-market strategies | Weekly+
- Marketing Channels | Biweekly communications about business performance and coordination for event recapping process | Weekly+
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience (marketing/science/math/business preferred)
- Comfortable dealing with data and using data to tell a story
- Expert in Excel and PowerPoint
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Actively participates, collaborates, and builds rapport with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, establishing priorities, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.