Digital PR - Senior Associate
Merkle is a leading data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading non-profit organisations have partnered with Merkle to maximise the value of their customer portfolios. The company’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive hyper-personalised marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage.
Due to incredible growth among new and existing clients, we are looking for an SEO Senior Associate with strong skills in Digital PR to join our talented & passionate SEO team. This role is best suited to individuals with a background working with journalists and publications to help promote the activities of businesses and organisations. Whilst we can support with developing and applying broad and deep SEO skills, a grounding in the fundamentals of technical and content-based website optimisation is desirable.
Reporting to one of our fantastic Managers, we’ll help you develop your digital marketing career. This role presents opportunities to work on global clients across industries and build partnerships with household publications. You will be able to develop as a thought leader as you collaborate with other Merkle best-in-class departments to create and execute holistic campaigns.
We pride ourselves on providing an environment to help you thrive.
Life as a SEO Senior Associate at Merkle
Unlike a lot of SEO roles, you won’t find yourself doing hours of backlink outreach to chase unrealistic link building targets. With a focus on helping clients deliver incredible search experiences for audiences, your day to day will see you:
- Working closely with account leads and strategy teams to create, plan, and activate campaigns for a variety of clients in some very exciting industries like retail and entertainment
- Developing our Digital PR capability through managing partner vendors, publications, and processes
- Identifying the most valuable stories and placements for our clients to gain traction towards their goals, among their desired audiences
- Providing regular updates on your campaign’s placements’ reach and referral traffic, tying this back to SEO and business goals such as organic search visibility or revenue
- Exploring our client’s and their competitors websites using tools such as Authoritas, Majestic, Ahrefs, Google Search Console, Google Analytics, and OnCrawl to unearth opportunities to better capture and channel traffic and link equity through websites
- Working closely with key team members from SEO and across Merkle- from Media Science to Tools & Automation- to ensure client success, and the continued development of our propositions
- Helping the wider SEO team develop their skills, through trainings and mentoring junior associates
We have roles open at a number of levels, so if you’re passionate about SEO but feel like your experience doesn’t quite match up with what we’re looking for here, we’d still love to hear from you. This role pulls on a variety of skillsets and we can support your development in any areas that may require training or coaching.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience within an SEO or Digital PR role, specifically focussed on securing organic growth goals through media placements and partnerships
- Passion about the world of SEO with a keen interest in becoming an industry leading expert
- A proactive attitude and an ability to work with minimal supervision while maintaining focus and productivity to achieve successful outcomes
- Confidence using Ahrefs, Majestic, or Moz
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, Word & PowerPoint
Additionally, the following are nice to haves:
- Experience working in collaboration with other digital marketing teams (e.g. strategy, creative, analytics, organic social, affiliate)
- Confidence talking about the importance of links (internal and external) and the authority these generate for websites. Bonus points for being able to communicate how concepts such as E-A-T, PageRank/Domain Authority, or backlink spam may be taken into a consideration when approaching a Digital PR strategy
- Experience managing or mentoring more junior members of the team is a plus
Additional language skills
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Flexible hybrid working with wonderful central London and Edinburgh office locations
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks, mentorship, and external training funding
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance, and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including 3 wellness days, and 2 volunteer days.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.