Senior Manager - Brand Marketing
Merkle is a leading data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading non-profit organisations have partnered with Merkle to maximise the value of their customer portfolios.
The company’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive hyper-personalised marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage.
Our growing central Marketing team in the UK is looking for a Senior Manager - Brand Marketing to manage our brand marketing strategy in the UK and support the regional Merkle brand across EMEA.
Responsible for all brand marketing activity in the UK, this role will work with the EMEA head of marketing to develop a brand strategy for the UK brand and, working closely with the rest of the UK team and key stakeholders, lead its execution, delivery and measurement.
Our brand marketing activity currently includes awards, events, internal and external comms and PR, social media and brand activity including advertising across all channels. It also leverages commercial marketing activity to reach wider audiences and create differentiation through our industry leading thought leadership content. This role will also work with the UK CEO to support her profile in the industry and internally.
The role ensures all marketing content is consistent in tone, style and continuing to push quality. Reporting into this role are two PR agencies and two marketing content managers. It will ensure brand marketing integrates with our commercial marketing activity to drive growth and owns the measurement framework for ensuring we are delivering against our KPIs as a marketing team and mapping these to our growth goals as a business.
Acting as the central liaison point with the marketing teams at our parent company dentsu in the UK&I, this role will ensure our messaging is unified and supports cross sell, new business and retention and acquisition of our talent across the wider organisation.
In addition to the UK brand marketing activity, the role supports our Merkle brand across EMEA, working closely with the VP and CMO to support the Merkle brand across the region.
This is a newly created role born out of company growth so offers an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and meticulously organised individual, with exceptional writing skills, who is looking to help shape the evolution of our strategy. This role will be based in the UK.
Life as a Senior Manager - Brand Marketing at Merkle:
- Drive the creation of an internal comms approach and strategy that is consistent across all our EMEA markets
- Lead an annual calendar of internal comms activity across our region, that also takes into account local market activity across our regions. And lead our UK internal comms.
- Project manage all comms that come from our global headquarters in the US and our parent company to ensure they are delivered to the right audiences in a timely manner
- Support the leadership teams in EMEA and the UK, on the development and writing of comms material to staff using our newsletter CMS.
- Liaise with the marketing teams across all Merkle’s markets in EMEA, as well as our global internal comms leads and those at our parent company, dentsu, to ensure our comms are aligned from a messaging and calendar perspective
- Attend meetings with dentsu and coordinate our marketing and messaging to support the dentsu and Merkle brands and messaging and ensure alignment
External marketing activity
- Lead the development and execution of our brand marketing strategy ensuring it is joined up with commercial marketing to drive growth by building our brand and supporting our growth
- Lead the relationships with our UK based PR agencies to ensure they are delivering against their KPIs that are in turn delivering against our overall KPIs.
- Lead and own the PR calendar predominantly on UK releases and key EMEA regional ones to ensure we are on message and meeting our goals.
- Ensure all comms meet our standards and best practice guidelines and messaging for the UK and EMEA
- Lead our Agency of the Year and awards strategy to drive recommendation and advocacy among employees, candidates, industry organisations, clients and prospects
- Liaise with the equivalent PR leads at a UK and EMEA level with our parent company, dentsu and our US/global team at Merkle to ensure consistency and drive collaboration
- Oversee best practice, governance and process for all PR activity across EMEA, with a focus on the UK
- Guide and advise our practice area marketing leads on all PR activity and manage the central calendar to ensure consistency and collaboration
- Cascade dentsu messaging and guidelines to leadership and all PR spokespeople to ensure all our people are on brand and on message from a dentsu and Merkle POV and ensure we build both brands in the market
- Coordinate with dentsu marketing and comms teams at a UK&I and EMEA level to ensure consistency and that we are supporting each others’ positioning and leveraging content, thought leadership and databases to drive cross sell and brand recognition
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, Life Insurance, Critical Illness Cover and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including multiple Wellbeing Days per year, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
What we are looking for in you:
- We anticipate you will have considerable experience in a comms role, with both internal and external experience and in brand building
- Experience of running a multi-market calendar of comms and brand marketing activity
- Experience of internal stakeholder management within a matrix organisation
- You will be performance and data focused with a keen eye for creativity
- Experience in working with global and regional teams and aligning messaging and calendars
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a clear understanding of content strategy and storytelling to support go-to-market messaging and PR narrative
- Experience in collaborating with multiple markets
- Experience of managing external agencies taking a collaborative approach with your engagement
- Ability to juggle multiple projects whilst remaining detail-focused and proactive
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work closely with very senior stakeholders with the ability to remain calm and professional under rapidly changing circumstances
- Excellent commercial acumen and budget management experience
- Must be a team player but also able to work with limited day-to-day supervision
- Happy to travel as required across the region (when business is back to usual!)
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.