Financial Reporting & Control Manager
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all.
The role will work on specific acquisition integration program(s), operating as a key member of the global M&A integration team, focusing on the finance workstream.
Intercompany process & General Ledger
- Working with acquisition finance team collaboratively on the transformation, supporting them in understanding our processes and systems. Include but not limited to the below processes for the acquired companies
- Journal entries: creation and posting of both standard and non-standard monthly journal entries with appropriate supporting documentation.
- Intercompany Accounting: Responsible for the review and completeness of Inter Company (IC) invoices and vouchers, Recording IC related journal entries (FX and adjusting entries toward the end of the month). Reporting IC balances to parent company. Liaison between internal teams and IC counterparties to facilitate any accruals and to finalize reporting before IC deadline. Management of dispute resolution relating to Intercompany differences.
- Month End Close: Drive, support all month-end responsibilities within expected timelines for the acquisition. Update and maintain assigned monthly account reconciliations. This will include analysis and timely resolution of monthly variances.
- BPC Reporting: Prepare and submit all financial statements for the newly acquired companies. Review trial balances for appropriate dentsu reporting accounts. Coordinate timing of monthly financial statement submissions. Respond to inquiries from dentsu and sellers on monthly results.
- Internal Reporting: Respond to various requests from Operations and Finance partners. Pull vendor invoices and prepare monthly schedules. Prepare various ad-hoc analyses for Management.
- Accounting GL Team Support: Provide support for interim and annual audits, foreign subsidiary financial statement reporting, and parent company reporting requirements.
- Other Ad hoc Projects and Requests
The areas of responsibility will include (but not be limited to) oversight of the following for the acquired companies:
- Project Cycle: Understand project structure and impact of the project set up on invoicing, revenue recognition, forecast, time entry, forecast to actual variance analysis, and project closure within the financial system and by corporate policies.
- Leadership: Provide guidance to the acquisition finance team
- raining: Create and lead training sessions with team members on the process and using the ERP system.
- Client Team Support: Coordinate with direct manager to provide excellent customer service to client teams. Strive to improve communication and overall relationships with all stakeholders. Provide recurring, valuable insights into financial performance.
- Reporting: Understand data points and drivers of reporting to assist business teams with client and project management
- ERP Implementation/Enhancements: Consistently evaluate system set up and functionality to propose enhancements/modifications.
- Data Analysis: Review monitor and analyze data before system upload. Prepare and validate data for migration into the system.
- System Testing – Run test scenarios and ensure the system is working as expected before going live and before system release updates.
- Other Ad hoc Projects and Requests
- B.S. in Accounting, MBA or CPA track preferred
- 6+ years’ experience in the Accounting/Finance field
- ERP Implementation experience a plus
- Excellent change management skills
- Month end close experience
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Experience with process improvement and improving process workflows
- Strong, effective written and oral communications skills
- Experience with complex, integrated accounting systems
- Ability to resolve complex operational and accounting issues
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Highly motivated, self-starter
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $68,000-$106,000 Salary is based on a range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit dentsubenefitsplus.com