Digital Media Planner
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. DWA/Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
As a Digital Media Planner, you will provide leadership to ensure clients' requirements are met. You will oversee campaign planning, optimization strategies, and campaign performance success for a set of top tier client relationships. You will provide consultative strategic direction to assigned accounts and identify appropriate services to meet client needs.
You will work with internal tools and staff to quantitatively and qualitatively analyze campaign delivery and optimize performance on an ongoing basis. You will attend client meetings and take part in presentations.
- Be a primary client contact, understanding client goals and optimizing success through research and analysis
- Develop RFPs, final media plan recommendations, buy summaries, and campaign measurements where necessary
- Present proposals with media and cost schedules to clients
- Take the lead on optimization strategies for digital placements
- Manage, review, and analyze all client-facing deliverables
- Stay up-to-date with latest trends and identify areas of development within emerging markets
- Develop and present concise results decks highlighting the relevant learning gained and recommendations for future campaigns
- Delegate and oversee responsibilities/assignments appropriate for Assistant Media Planners
- Promote positive working relationships within the department and the vendor community
- Provide strategic guidance to the media planning team
The anticipated salary range for this position is $51,000-$70,000. Salary is based on a range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit dentsubenefitsplus.com
- BA/BS degree
- 2+ years in digital media planning
- Experience with DCM/Campaign Manager
- Experience working in both B2B and B2C environments (specific client experience with financial services a plus)
- Have outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Be detail-oriented, organized, able to multi-task, and able to work well under pressure
- Be articulate, curious, and credible person who wants to make a difference in a growing business with existing clients
- Experience with research resources, such as @Plan, Kantar, Comscore, Nielsen/NetRatings, and AdRelevance, and other research/planning tools
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.