CXM Global Transformation & Change Lead
Merkle is a customer experience transformation business partner to the Fortune 1000. The future of brand loyalty and competitive advantage is the customer experience, and we empower the world’s leading brands to transform their data, technology, and organizational capabilities to deliver those differentiated customer experiences across marketing, sales, commerce, and service. For more than 30 years, we have built upon our heritage in data, analytics, and technology, building unmatched skills in hyper-personalization. Our combined strengths in CX consulting, data transformation, and digital transformation drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage for our clients, including brands like Dell, T-Mobile, Samsung, GEICO, Regions, Kimberly-Clark, AARP, Lilly, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, Habitat for Humanity, and many others to build and execute customer-centric business strategies. With more than 13,000 smart, dedicated people in more than 50 offices around the world, we are still growing at a rate that outpaces the market, with 2020 net revenue of $1.3 billion.
The purpose of this role is to be responsible, within their area, for the strategic development of transformation delivery capability and ensuring that transformation initiatives are properly resourced and successfully delivered.
Change Management: Merkle/Dentsu is going through massive change: new businesses, new organization, new systems, new capabilities via acquisition and internal investment. This role will focus on leading the organization through change to optimize growth, operational effectiveness and employee satisfaction.
New Acquisition Commercial Integration: Merkle is going to continue to acquire new businesses. This role will own the overall communication and change management to drive effective transformation, including setting the tone, spurring enthusiasm, challenging cultural beliefs and ensuring the required changes are executed in coordination with core Merkle and dentsu corporate functions will be a key to success.
Cultural alignment: Bringing together multiple organizations to develop a set of shared guiding principles, systems, and ways of working, to create a new culture that aligns with core values and drives business performance. Create a full employee lifecycle agenda that supports this desired culture.
We're looking for a world-class systems and process thinker who combines an operational and delivery background with strong commercial instincts. The Head of Transformation Change Mgmt helps Merkle bring in acquisitions together as one team, one culture, one shared mission and vision. This person serves as program manager for our brand integrations and other aspects of organizational change. This person works as part of the Merkle Operations team and works closely with all Merkle leadership. The Head of Transformation Change Mgmt will manage a small number of centralized and change agents and program managers who facilitate the continued Transformation agenda and effective change mgmt. across the org.
Head of Transformation Change Mgmt Success Statement
- Champions implementation of the global transformation objectives and change agenda across the organization and provide overall leadership and direction
- Cultivates an energized culture focused on collaborative working in the interests of the organization and portfolio of transformation as a whole. Promotes the wider good in all actions, acting in a morally, legally and socially appropriate manner in dealings with stakeholders and members of Transformation/Program teams and organization
- Chairs governance boards for taking decisions on transformation direction in response to escalated risks or opportunities. Gains Executive approval for Transformation Strategy and implementation
- Oversees the definition and approval of the global transformation business case as well as appropriate levels of assurance on case decision points and progress
- Leads prioritization and planning of initiatives for entry into the transformation portfolio in line with strategic objectives and Target Operating Model and Yes/No decision on entry taken by transformation board. Seeks to change or stop activities that are no longer adding value
- Integrated Strategic and Transformation Planning. Ensures transformation evolves to reflect changes in strategic directives and business priorities. Secures the provision of resources needed from internal / external providers. Manages the integration of initiative outputs and dependencies within strategic objectives
- Strategic Risk and Opportunity Management. Takes decisions in response to escalated strategic and transformation risks or opportunities. Ensures that transformation programs are addressing company level operational or strategic risks identified through the company risk committees
- Senior Stakeholder Management. Cultivates and manages a range of relationships and key strategic alliances with internal / external stakeholders. Leads senior stakeholders in regularly reviewing the continuing relevance of transformation activities based on a clear understanding of cost, risk and contribution to strategic objectives/benefits. Proactively Identifies, addresses and seeks to resolve differences between senior organization individuals and/or interest groups
- Transformation and Business Planning Dependency Management. Owns strategic, global business planning and key supplier dependencies, ensures dependencies are re-aligned to reflect changes in the transformation and business
- Some travel required
- Passion for empowering positive change for people and large organizations through data, technology, design, and creativity
- 15+ years of postgraduate work experience; track record of exceptional success and progressively increasing responsibilities within large, top-tier marketing agencies or similar professional services environments
- Demonstrated mastery of the program management tools and methods required for highly complex, enterprise-scale business transformation; strong portfolio of past work, with demonstrated business impact
- Broad foundation of general business knowledge encompassing finance, HR, technology, legal, compliance, and operational management; strong commercial skills and instincts honed through past experience in revenue-generating / client-facing roles
- Strong people management, influence, and persuasion skills; demonstrated ability to lead and inspire peers and cross-functional colleagues through indirect methods rather than formal direct-line authority; ability to effectively deploy both carrot and stick to hold others accountable
- Demonstrated success working in highly matrixed organizations; ability to prioritize, multitask, and manage ambiguity within a fast-paced, highly fluid environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills: proven ability to successfully engage with C-level colleagues (and clients) to influence executive-level decision making
- Exceptional communication skills: written, oral, presentation
- Solution-oriented mindset with a bias toward action; strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Extraordinary level of attention to detail across all work product and processes; ability to see (and explain) crucial nuances of complex programs that others may miss
- Resilience, adaptability, optimism, sense of humor
- Undergraduate degree required
The anticipated base salary range for this position is $196,000-$303,000. Salary is based on a range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. Additionally, this position is eligible for discretionary incentive compensation. The company’s incentive compensation plan is subject to change. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit dentsubenefitsplus.com
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.