Analytics Direction Consultant
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced, industry-leading, growing analytics team that works with some of the biggest global brands across many industries – helping them solve their data challenges. We are looking for exceptional candidates to join our Analytics Consultancy practice in the role of Direction Consultant (DC).
Direction Consultants lead the delivery and application of our client’s solutions. They establish strong communication and project governance, working with analytical/engineering/BI/media science teams to ensure the right approach and considered decision making at all stages of the project lifecycle. Direction Consultants ensure sound translation of results into actionable insights that can be adopted and embedded within our clients’ businesses, and work with our clients to spot and develop further steps and opportunities.
Direction Consultants have hands on experience with analytics solutions with broad and generalist knowledge of how analytics works in organisations and experience in informing clients on how best to use their analytical assets.
- Lead a multi-discipline team to develop and implement solutions
- provide clear and precise briefing of activities and expectations
- set up and run comms infrastructure internally and within client as necessary
- Create the solution approach / roadmap
- Represent the project team with the client, leading on translation and comms, prioritisation and overall project progress
- resource burn reporting, meeting management and monitoring of progress against milestones and deadlines for any potential delivery issues
- Anticipate project risk and constraints and proactively working towards resolving them
- Ensure the quality of analysis and delivery is in line with QA and governance guidelines
- Ensure project at all stages is delivering on time and on budget
- Ensure sound interpretation of results, driving a compelling story to present back to key stakeholders.
- Work with clients to identify and support any new proposals or opportunities for future work
- Build and maintain good relationships with both client, delivery teams and agency stakeholders, gathering feedback to ensure needs are being met
- Monitor industry changes and developments relating to the client’s challenges and objectives.
- Stay up to speed with analytical developments and topics
- Champion innovation and find opportunities to improve ways of working across the account.
An ideal candidate for this role will have a background in digital and/or customer analytics or delivering analytics projects. They will have a good grounding in and experience of managing project teams to ensure clients expectations are met and the work is delivered to a high standard. A desire to develop the clients and guide them along a data-driven path is essential.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Professionally qualified / relevant numerate degree (i.e Maths, Data Science, Engineering, Business)
- A good grounding in one or more of customer, digital, or media analytics with 2-3 years leadership or consultancy experience
- Understanding of the full analytics project lifecycle from requirements gathering, analytical environment set up, analytics and data engineering and success management.
- Demonstrable project governance understanding related to deliverables alignment and quality control; timelines, risk assessment, blocker identification and escalations; profitability, scope creep and resource allocation
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to present complex concepts to a wide range of audiences
- Able to set a forward-looking vision, to lead and inspire at all levels
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders, working cross-functionally across the organisation
- Managing priorities across a complex stakeholder matrix
- Managing highly engaged teams of top talent, including hiring, retaining, developing and engaging employees, across all levels of the organisation
- Experience of managing the financial aspects of the business
- Client portfolio experience including the client strategy, tactics, forecasts, budget, projections, and performance metrics
- Identify new opportunities with the business and pitch involvement
- Mentoring and/or Coaching for a variety of roles across an organisation
Generally, when working within Merkle you will strive to develop
- A forward-looking vision, leading and inspiring at all levels of the organisation
- A highly engaged team of talent by proactively appointing, retaining, and developing top level talent that inspires the trust and confidence of our clients
- Proactively contributing to improve and drive more efficient ways of working