Adobe Solutions Engineering Team Lead
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
Your day as Adobe Solutions Engineering Team Lead:
The development of web applications based on Adobe Experience Cloud products and the customer specific implementation of AEM- and Magento-based Content Management and Commerce Solutions is one of our core competencies. You must be hands-on in understanding project requirements, implementation methodologies, and processes. But leading the Serbian team of Software Engineers will also be a key part of your new role with Merkle.
Join our interdisciplinary team of designers, consultants and software engineers and help develop integrated solutions based on Adobe Experience Cloud Solutions. The whole team is looking forward to welcoming established and innovative colleagues. Your range of tasks covers the entire software development process as well as leading, managing, and motivating your team to deliver high-quality, maintainable code and projects. As Adobe Solutions Engineering Team Lead you are a manager for your team members, you are willing to share your knowledge internally and externally, and you have strong organizational skills. You directly report to the Adobe Solutions Director in Merkle DACH.
- Lead and grow your team of engineers, while also being heavily hands-on with coding
- Manage the local team and contribute to the team’s strategy, processes, and methodologies
- Contribute to the overall Adobe service line KPIs with your growing team
- Provide technical leadership for the successful delivery of projects
- Coach and drive a culture of curiousness, growth, and continuous improvement
- Work closely together with customers and develop tailormade solutions through supporting in the software design phase and then implementing them
- 5+ years of experience in Java development
- 3+ years of experience with Adobe Experience Manager and /or Magento
- Experience with other (Java-based) content management solutions
- Adobe Experience Manager certification (developer, architect) is a plus
- Strong understanding of OO principles, software design patterns
- Expert knowledge of web technologies (Java/J2EE)
- Excellent understanding of Sling, JCR /CRX, Sightly
- Knowledge in the areas of Web Services (SOAP/REST), XML, XSL
- Excellent knowledge of Cloud Services (Azure, AWS), SaaS, and relational databases
- Advanced knowledge of Git and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with fulltext search engines (SOLR is a plus)
- Experience with Groovy is a plus
- Strong personal initiative and willingness to lead, grow, and manage a team
- Strong planning, organizing, and coordinating skills
- Fun working in an interdisciplinary company
- Determination to learn and further develop; team player & contributor
- Willingness to build professional relationships with staff and clients
- University or college degree in computer science or business computer science or similar is a plus
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Exceptionally good written and oral English skills, German is a plus
We work with highly motivated people, who support and enrich each other. We live the possibilities of the digital world through home office, meaning you can work anywhere with flexible (annual) working hours. We also value face-to-face exchanges - coffee or tea, biscuits or fruit are all welcomed on board and shared throughout our offices.
If you ever feel the need to take a break from the digital world, we love to get hands on together and use pens, paper, and whiteboards for brainstorming sessions. Need to clear your head? Hit the foosball table, PlayStation, massage bench or yoga mat. For networking and (brain) food, we offer regular exchange formats, like meetings, tech labs and more. Not enough? We are full believers in education and support training, whether it be internally or externally. We support you.
If you feel inspired by us, we’ll probably be inspired by you. Join us now and apply online to make sure we match each other’s expectations. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. We welcome all qualified candidates - regardless of your gender or background, please indicate your salary expectations and possible entry date. We look forward to hearing from you!
Personal consultancies - we only work with selected partners.
Junior Talent Acquisition Business Partner
Phone: +381 69 789 047